2008 Kountze Kids Fishing Derby

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by bassangler120, May 18, 2008.

1. Greetings All

I hope everyone is having a good tournament season, we all know it is a short one at that. Let's not forget about our young anglers. On May 31,2008 I am hosting a Kids Fishing Derby(2008 Kountze Kids Fishing Derby)at the Ohio Department of Wildlife district 3 office youth fishing area. I started this event 4 years ago in louisville,ohio with just the kids in our church and it has grown every year sence then. This year we have moved it to the district 3 office so we have more room and better quality fish. This year I spent about 6 months securing sponsors like Skeeter Boats, Walmart, Cabelas,Zoom Baits, Dicks, Eagle Claw,Shore-Nuf-Charters and more. I have a brochure I can email anyone who wants one. I tried to attached it but the file was to big. I will try to explain the event the best I can. I have 100 spots left to sign up. Check in starts at 10am and the derby is from 11am-2pm with prizes at 2:30pm. Every participant must have a parent with them for the whole event. Not to sound mean but this is a kids fishing event not a baby sitting service. We have 4 age groups 2-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11-15,. Prizes will be awarded for 1st,2nd,3rd of each age group along with a Grand Prize Winner. There will be a casting contest for kids as well as adults. All fish will be measured by length. There will be raffles throughout the the event. Lunch will be provided (We will be cooking 300 hotdogs). Bring your own poles, bait and tackle. Everyone must pre-register by Phone or by e-mail. Everyone must pre-register by May 28, 2008. I can't register anyone the day of the event. If you have anyone questions or want to register give me a call or e-mail: Jim Jones 216-233-1281 or Bassangler120@sbcglobal.net I hope to see some of you at the derby.
    Jim Jones
    Derby Director

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Bump...

I know this is the 2008 one but he gives info that I just called/emailed him for.