close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2008 Browns Schedule

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by rattletraprex, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Browns 2008 Schedule
    Posted: 2008-04-15 16:24:00
    1 Sun, Sep 7 Dallas 4:15 PM
    2 Sun, Sep 14 Pittsburgh 8:15 PM
    3 Sun, Sep 21 at Baltimore 4:15 PM
    4 Sun, Sep 28 at Cincinnati 1:00 PM
    6 Mon, Oct 13 NY Giants 8:30 PM
    7 Sun, Oct 19 at Washington 4:15 PM
    8 Sun, Oct 26 at Jacksonville 4:05 PM
    9 Sun, Nov 2 Baltimore 1:00 PM
    10 Thu, Nov 6 Denver 8:15 PM
    11 Mon, Nov 17 at Buffalo 8:30 PM
    12 Sun, Nov 23 Houston 1:00 PM
    13 Sun, Nov 30 Indianapolis 1:00 PM
    14 Sun, Dec 7 at Tennessee 1:00 PM
    15 Mon, Dec 15 at Philadelphia 8:30 PM
    16 Sun, Dec 21 Cincinnati 1:00 PM
    17 Sun, Dec 28 at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM

2. the road to the superbowl!!! looks like a 12-6 season to me!!!:)

3. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

There will be anarchy in the family Sept. 28th and Dec. 21st...! :eek: :D

4. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Wow, your one of the more pessimistic fans. Most Browns fans that I talk to have already anointed them the greatest team ever!

5. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Too bad they will open the season with a loss!:p :D

6. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

with 4 primetime games ,can't wait .

7. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

Recount that... 5 primetime games for the Brownies!!;) And I can't wait!!!:D

8. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

This is the year my steelers buddies :mad: will be eating crow! Can't wait!! When they play Pittsburg, we'll be off the water by noon! GO BROWNS!!!

9. Guys. Don't get excited. This is the Browns we are talking about, remember? We've got a quarterback who was mediocre or worse, the last 1/3 of the season and another quarterback who has never started a game. Winslow is an animal, but his knees could fall off at any time. Braylon could start dropping passes again.

The defense is going to be revamped, but they were pretty awful last year, and retooling takes time. Can we really expect great things from the first year of a new defensive scheme and several new personnel?

I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon yet. Everyone thought the Cavs and Indians were going to be great this year too but it looks to me like another season of mediocrity. CC Fatbathia is the next Bartolo Colon, I've been saying it for 3 years. As for the Cavs...I mean come on...Do any teams NOT make the playoffs in the NBA these days?

In typical Cleveland fashion, now that the national media has picked us for no less than 5 primetime games, we prove to the nation, that nobody epitomizes mediocrity like Cleveland sports teams.

1 Sun, Sep 7 Dallas 4:15 PM -LOSS
    2 Sun, Sep 14 Pittsburgh 8:15 PM -LOSS
    3 Sun, Sep 21 at Baltimore 4:15 PM-LOSS - After 3 Losses, Cleveland fans turn ugly, booing QB constantly and making endless Crenell fat jokes. Batteries and bottles get thrown onto the field. Cleveland media still claims that cleveland fans are the "best", but national media starts comparing us to Raiders fans. Quinn starts the next week
    4 Sun, Sep 28 at Cincinnati 1:00 PM- WIN - Brady Quinn is annointed as a GOD.
    6 Mon, Oct 13 NY Giants 8:30 PM -LOSS - Brady Quinn comes back to earth, and starts whining about his hair and is relegated to supplement commercial spots. Thus starts the spiral. The remaining schedule is played out with typical Cleveland sports team mediocrity in yet another long, slow, disappointing denouement.
    7 Sun, Oct 19 at Washington 4:15 PM-WIN
    8 Sun, Oct 26 at Jacksonville 4:05 PM-LOSS
    9 Sun, Nov 2 Baltimore 1:00 PM -WIN - Browns run off some wins and get all of our hopes up...
    10 Thu, Nov 6 Denver 8:15 PM- WIN
    11 Mon, Nov 17 at Buffalo 8:30 PM-WIN
    12 Sun, Nov 23 Houston 1:00 PM-WIN
    13 Sun, Nov 30 Indianapolis 1:00 PM -LOSS- ...our hopes are dashed by a string of losses.
    14 Sun, Dec 7 at Tennessee 1:00 PM -LOSS
    15 Mon, Dec 15 at Philadelphia 8:30 PM-WIN
    16 Sun, Dec 21 Cincinnati 1:00 PM-Loss - The ultimate insult, the Browns lose to the Bengals, who only have 10 men playing on offense because the rest are in jail.
    17 Sun, Dec 28 at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM-WIN - Browns salvage some self-respect, by beating the Steelers, but miss the playoffs because the Colts don't play their starters in the final game.

But hey, at least we aren't Dolphins fans, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  10. Commodore... funny man, very funny. 8-8? not too brutal of a pick but...
    You pick them to loose the first 2?? No Way, we win one, at least Pukesburgh. I think we push Dallas into OT and then??
    Loose at Ratbirds?? Why? How? If we loose to the Squeelers, WE WILL NOT loose to the Ratbirds...
    The defense yes, started slow last year but came on strong- especially the corners! We did much better against the run last year- this year we will be 20-30yds a game better. If Sean Rogers gets mean and nasty it could get real interesting- Wimbley on the outside?? There is some talent there.
    We need Andra to loose some weight and start flying around again (as he just promised he would??)

It all hinges on injuries, luck, and if DA/BQ (whoever is playing) can handle the spotlight and limit the int's and get the ball to our playmakers!
    Did you forget about Cribbs? Our secret weapon!
    I see 10-6 in our future, splitting with Pukesborough but making the playoffs!

11. dam CO 64 i think you nailed it!!! guess my 12-6 prediction was way off!!!

12. Hopefully we have another exciting season. We'll see how it goes with a MUCH tougher schedule this year. I'm not an Anderson fan, but we don't know what Quinn has either. So, to say the least, it will be interesting as usual.

I do hope that I get my monies worth this year for my season tickets. ;)

13. I've looked, looked, and looked again...I can't see 12 wins anywhere on that schedule!

14. Looks like a pretty tough schedule...

Anderson will be on the bench by the third or fourth game - if he still has the job after training camp, and that's a big if. Anderson is the reincarnation of Vinny 'Intercept' averde, big time arm and throws picks at the worst possible times.

Quinn will come in and TEAR IT UP.

If the team stays healthy, I think 10-6 is definitely possible.

15. Haven't we had enough noodle arms? Couch, Garcia, and dare I say it Bernie Kosar?

Bernie could read a defense. He didn't throw many interceptions. But what did it get us? We never even got to the Super Bowl.

16. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

You can't always predict how good a team will be from the prior year (including the Browns). And then on the other hand, some teams that were bad last year, will end up being surprisingly better. Most teams also are only one injury away from making their season a rebuilding one, which is one reason why I think Phil Savage made it a priority to have both QB's for a few seasons to come. With that being said, I predict a 9-7 record for the Brownies, which will be good enough to win the strong AFC North, then lose in the AFC championship game vs. the Patriots. ;)
    Here we go Brownies here we go WOOF!! WOOF!! Here we go Brownies here we go WOOF!! WOOF!! Here we go Brownies here we go WOOF!! WOOF!! :p

17. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

I didn't know Bernie played defense(The Drive), or was the Running Back(The Fumble.):confused: If you watch some of the replays of the Browns from their championship days, Bernie was very scepticle of the play calling on the part of Linde Infante and ultimately Marty. The Browns relied on thir running game, and didn't give Bernie alot of freedom to air it out like he preferred. Bernie had no problem throwing the deep ball, as long as he didn't trip over his own feet beforehand!!:p

18. true2plue-

I understand the variables with the schedule. I honestly think that the Browns can make a run at the division but there's a ton of pressure on D.A. I think it will be an accomplishment if they can get to 10 wins and prove that last season wasn't a fluke.

19. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

buffalo will avenge that horriable game they played last year on monday night nov 17th in front of the entire country. bet that in vegas:eek: