close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2008 Boat Show Wrap Up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. First of all, I want to start off with a BIG THANKS to Ken Alvey of LEMTA for making the boat show and our involvement there possible. Also, to WKYC and Inside the Great Outdoors radio for everything. I think between us all, we got the "outdoors" word out.

Secondly, and maybe just as importantly, all the folks who volunteered their time to help out at the booth. I really appreciate you giving the time to give a little back. THANK YOU.

Third, thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth and said HELLO. It was good to see a lot of new faces, and to see lots of old ones too! LOL. I did notice something interesting... The first weekend, when things were still "warm", most everyone wanted to talk walleye, steelie, or other open water fishing... As the week went on and temps dropped, the discussion went hardwater! Sort of neat... Thanks to you all for all the kind words and positive feedback about OGF. I'll say it again, it's all of you guys that make this place special, and I really appreciate that.

Fourth, I have to selfishly thank one person who spent two days with me at the booth. My son Nick. Well, he started at our booth, but when he saw the OSU/Sea Grant folks had a crawler harness tying station set up for kids, he sort of went a little nuts. He tied up several harnesses, and then was helping other kids out by tying hooks on lines so they could build their own. Yesterday, he divided his time between that and drawing pictures of lures and a potential tattoo design of a walleye... He's still working on that one Kelly! LOL!!!

We ended the day at The Brewkettle, watching football and eating BBQ (the ribs were GREAT). An end to a great boat show weekend.

2. It was good to meet you and chat some yesterday. Thanks for your time with OGF.
    Gene

3. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

definitly nice to meet a few people here, i went out on monday the 14th, fish2day was out there and also mr klein (forget his s/n) toxic and i sat around for about 30 minutes BS'n with them--it was a good time to share stories, and dave even told me some "blackmail" stories about tom---i cant wait to publish those :D

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I also enjoyed talking with a number of you on Saturday while I was at our booth.
    Its always such a blast spending time meeting, and talking about any ol' thing with you guys. :B

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i only got to talk with jim and dave. gonna leave for the show eariler next year. it was nice to see that happy days boating upgraded to the 2008 model 23' baha for me;) and george, don't believe a word dave says:p

6. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

It was a pleaseure to meet Big Daddy and see Ruminator again. Always nice to put a face to the made up name we chose years ago:D

EZ- Those Baha's were unbelievably awesome. I have my eye on the 27' 9'10 beam....too bad it doesn't come in chartruse and frog green, otherwise I would have bought 1.:)

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i hear ya, i liked those sportcrafts at the other end too:confused: that express 232 hard top REALLY caught my eye..i gotta keep my beam under 8'6" so i can toe the entire coast of erie.