Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SOLID MEAT
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to start this thread to both list the rules for the tournament and gauge intrest along with allowing members who may want to fish this low entry fee tournament a place to find a partner. The complete rules will follow and please let me know if you plan on fishing. The official sign up will begin that Saturday morning around 6 or 630.

team:
1. Johnboy111711/norka

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
i would join. But right now i dot have access to a boat and my boat ist really all that big. But today i officially have made all the awards.

·
K C C O
135 Posts
How much is it? I live in Warren and will be home from OSU by then. I really want to go, I fish that lake all the time. Already caught a 4 lber this year out of there.

·
SOLID MEAT
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tournament will run from 730-2 on saturday. entry fee will be $20 per team ( a team can consist of no more than 2 people per boat) there will be an optional $5 big bass pot. all of this will be 100% pay back and I hope that we can have enough participants to possibly pay back 5 spots.

·
SOLID MEAT
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the rules are very simple.
1. all participants must use a aerated livewell and safty equipment
2.there will be a 5 black bass limit with a 12" minimum length
3.no live or prepared baits may be used with the exception of pork trailers
4. participants must follow all park and watercraft regulations
5.all ties will be broken by number of fish, big bass, or an equal split.
6. there will be a .5lb dead fish penalty for any fish weighed in that is dead.

·
K C C O
135 Posts
Do you know what the boat regulations are because we have a little 10hp boat, will we be ok, Is the max 10 out there?

·
SOLID MEAT
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10 HP is ok, that is what we will probably be fishing out of. i am also adding an official list pf people fishing

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
if someone with a boat needs a partner, lemme know.... count me in if i can find a ride on the water :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
I also would like to fish this tournament, but I don't have a boat, so if anyone needs a partner with boat let me know.

Darryl

·
SOLID MEAT
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just wanted to throw this idea out there, but i know for many who dont have a boat you can rent boats from linda I believe. and an aerated livewell in the form of a large chest cooler are very easy to transport

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
What about a rundown on the Tournament? How many entries? Big Fish? Who won? Anything?

Huntinbull

·
SOLID MEAT
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wish more teams would have fished, but still had fun. wanted to thank the team of redear and barcelona for fishing. maybe next year more teams wont be intimidated

·
806 Posts
I would have loved to come to the appreciation weekend and fished the tourney but I spent last week working in Nebraska and Reel Lady is at KY Lake for the 4th WBT event as we speak. Maybe things will work out next year.

·
Registered
417 Posts
perhaps next year we have a tourny for diff kinds of fish..perhaps even a kids tourny. and maybe we have one for boats and non boating people as well. I don't know. I don't want to suggest anything complicating. Just trying to figure out how to get more people involved.

we too did not have a boat. renting one I guess would be an option but not one I'd likely do. I've not really been in a boat. woody has. But he usually stays on land to assist me with my girls.

·
BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES
1,280 Posts
Though I can and have bass fished I prefere to troll or drift for what ever comes my way.Thus I too did not enter the fishing contest.Now if carp was the thing of the event I proble would took first place.enough said

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
wish more teams would have fished, but still had fun. wanted to thank the team of redear and barcelona for fishing. maybe next year more teams wont be intimidated
And beating Carl and Nick in the PA vs OHIO crappie challenge was alright but a full field of boats would have been more fun for all of us. I wont dare to challenge Nick in about 3 more years. Thats one tough kid. He's gonna be " a bad man, with a rod in his hand ".:D
Thanks from all the PA guys for allowing us to share your day. Thanks goes out to Linda and the crew for being great hosts too. When our group gets more organized, we'll invite you over to PA to fish, camp, and hang out with the KCA. Thanks again OGF for a great day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts