close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2006 Honda CBR1000RR Parts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by G.LoomisMan, Jun 11, 2007.

1. anyone know where you can get cheap parts for a 2006 Honda CBR1000RR?
    my brother wrecked his bike and needs the plastic peices and what not.
    ________
    strawberry cough

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Possibly the Junk Yard, or the typical answer of Ebay.

flash---------------------------------out

3. Cycle Therapy would be a good place to check if you don't mind driving/calling to Peninsula, OH near Akron.

Online you can check www.bikebandit.com or www.partsfish.com

Plastic is expensive though. I had an accident in 2001 with frame sliders on the bike--small scratch on the tail and scratches on left fairing--left side was $600.00 and the tail was $400.00. I scratched my '07 last night being hasty with the lawn mower. Thought about replacing it only because there are no other blemishes on the bike...until I remembered the price for plastic.:D It's so small, nobody will notice but me.:D

4. well the plastic under the back seat is ripped off, the left fairing is cracked(didn't have frame sliders) the windshield got ripped off, the plastic between the windshield and lights was ripped off, the gauge cluster and shifter is cracked and the engine cover is scratched up. so those are all the parts needed. and the gas tank has the plastic cover over it, so the plastic over the tank needs too.

both of those sites don't have parts for a 1000.
    ________
    LS

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  5. Wow. Sounds like he totaled the bike. I assume no insurance or is this a track bike? I have a 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 and a 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750. The 2001 cost the insurance company $2400.00 total to get the bike back in new condition but those 2 pieces amounted to $1000.00. The rest came up to a total of $2400.00 with labor from State 8 motorcycles (don't go there!! different story). Your brother's best bet is to go to Cycle Therapy (the motorcycle junk yard) and see what they have. There are plenty of people who buy too much bike without the skill and end up wrecking it so he should be able to piece the bike back together through them. I have a friend who did just that to his R1 after his first accident only to total it again and end up paralyzed. I now do a lot of work on my own bikes along with my girlfriends 2 bikes so I use bike bandit and partsfish a lot. AMA members get a discount from bike bandit and both options are cheaper and faster than going through a dealer.