close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2005 OGF Crappie Open Tournament

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Feb 8, 2005.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]

Saturday, April 23rd
    Delaware Lake Marina

It's a go! We had originally wanted to do a series, but figured we'd be better off "testing the waters" first with a centrally located open tournament. It's open to both boat and bank anglers, and the details and sign up page can be on the Events link on the main page or here >

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/index.php?page=crappie

Teams will be assigned numbers in the order they are registered, and will "launch" accordingly. It's a go, and should be a great time!

Team/Boat Number

1. Sowbelly & Partner - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    2. Buckeye Ron & Partner - Team/Boat/NO Big Fish
    3. Misfit & Toad - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    4. Shakedown & Partner - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    5. Cliff Sawyer & Kent Foster - Team/????/NO Big Fish
    6. Buddy Punk & Parrothead - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    7. Miso_Ohio & Tpet96 - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    8. Rumi & Partner - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    9. DaleM & Big Daddy - Team/Boat/Big Fish (team bad attitude)
    10. Bill Chapman & Dick Bishop Team/Boat/Big Fish
    11. Kern Wilson & Partner - Team/????/No Big Fish
    12. Lundy & Partner - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    13. Fish4Fun & Partner - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    14. Larry & Melanie Lester-Team/Boat/Bigfish
    15. Chuck & Ross Franklin - Team/????/BigFish
    16. The King & gstrick27 - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    17. Abe Matuch & Shane Kohler - Team/Boat/ Big Fish
    18. Ron (RONK) & Bob Kasper Team/Boat/Big Fish
    19. Michael Koesters & Chris Overpeck Team/Boat/Big Fish
    20. Kevin Moeller (Bassnpro1) & Partner - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    21. Bryan Mellon & Rob Literell - Team/Boat/Big fish
    22. Charles Huston & George Andrews - Team/Boat/No Big Fish
    23. Adam Vance (nickadams) and Yuliya Vance - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    24. Ben Winter & Jeremy Combs - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    25. Jim Mesler & Joe Harrell - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    26. Joe Hartman & Randy McVicker - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    27. Eric Tomlison & Bryon Morgan - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    28. Chris ???? & Partner - Team/Boat/No Big Fish
    29. Mike Tomlinson & John Gifford Team/Boat/Big Fish
    30. Glen Sexton & Freeman Webb - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    31. Richard Kuhn & Tim Mehling - Team/Boat/Big fish
    32. Tony Bornhorst & Scott Sutherland - Team/Boat/No BF
    33. Troy Becker & David Shaffer - Team/????/Big Fish
    34. James Morrow & Partner - Team/????/No Big Fish
    35. Phil Carver & partner - Team/Boat/Big Fish
    36. David Tack & Chad Lindsey - Team/??/Big Fish
    37. Joe Snyder & Finlaw - Team/??/No big Fish

2. catking

catking Banned

This will be a great time members !! Even the bankers can get in on the deal. Looking forward to seeing you all there. ;) .DA KING !!!

3. ShakeDown

Question that came up in a PM:

Q: Do fish need to be alive at the weigh-in?

A: No, however we ask that you keep/consume any dead fish you weigh. Mmmm...crappie :D

4. 20 fish possession limit, of those 10 will be weighed. Competitors must pick those 10 fish to be weighed PRIOR to check-in. No changing fish at the scales. That means your team can keep NO MORE than 20 fish total.

5. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Okay, this might sound like a dumb question, but being that I have never fished a tournament (yet :D )...
    Are the anglers allowed to have a scale on their boat to determine which fish to keep? I mean, losing that extra ounce or two may cost you bigtime. Or is this whole guessing thing just an added twist?

6. The official scales are at the weigh-in site, and all fish are checked by our weighmaster. That scale is calibrated by the weighmaster as well, and may be different than your on-board scale. You can use a scale of your own to get a general idea of fish weight, but the weighmaster's results may be different, and the weighmaster's results are the final say for the tournament.

7. Sounds like a good time. If there are any boaters that are looking for a partner let me know.

8. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Sounds awesome, but now I just got to find out how far and where this place is. Then if I can borrow mu uncles jon boat, hopefully I could make it and be able to find some fish since it would be a new lake to me!

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Question is there an age limit. If iam not working it would it be ok to fish it with my 12yr old boy?

10. ShakeDown

That's fine Jerry, as long as he's with a parent/guardian.

Delaware is pretty much in the middle of the state. About 30 mins north of Columbus.

11. I'm up for it.

Guess I'll have to find a jungle and break out the rooster tails Shane ;) that is if I don't get a boat or no one wants to help out some bank trash, :D

BTW ever find that camera???

12. Right smack dab during turkey season... sniff sniff :(

13. Really can't wait for it to get here. Rookie and I really eager.
    Buckeye Ron

14. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Sounds like a great time! My wife and I are looking into coming down and fishing it. Never even heard of the lake, how is it as a crappie lake?

15. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Great crappie lake Jim. Nice sizes there too.

16. ShakeDown

Delaware can be awesome :D Blacks and whites, unlimted HP lake without the typical traffic.

17. Delaware is a 9 inch minimum limit right? Just wanted to make sure. We would have to keep it legit. Are fish with tire marks on them going to be able to be counted? :eek: :D I'll have to talk with the boss on this one. We might make it out. Sounds like loads of fun. If we catch and keep 20 can we take all 20 home or do we have to release the live ones?

18. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

i just hope it isn't flooded out then, spring time can be tricky on these flood control ones. Great crappie lake though and I'm looking forward to it!

19. ShakeDown

Here's something I snagged from Rumi's post in Central (ODNR Outlook)

DELAWARE LAKE (download lake map) - Delaware County, 963 acres, unlimited horsepower - this link works- you can also just view it here*

Crappie - great populations of 8-13" whites and blacks. Highest quality crappie fishery in central Ohio for numbers and size. Best fishing is around shoreline cover in April and May. In summer, fish deep drop-offs containing stumps or other cover. November shoreline fishing has been very productive particularly for large black crappies. NOTE: effective March 1, 1997, 9" minimum length limit. OUTLOOK - GREAT.

Tire marks no, 9 inch limit yes, and you can keep 20, but can only weigh 10. :D Bassnpro is right about the levels that time of year. May is usually worse, so we'll keep our fingers crossed!

20. whats the date on this tourny? i know of a few good spots on this lake. can anyone fish it? is 1 man or two man or whatever?