close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2005 Lures

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by PoleSnatcher, Feb 7, 2005.

1. What do you guys predict to be hot for 05?

2. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Well, looking in a few catalogues, it seems the "Bleeding" patterns seem to be hot. They paint a bit of red on the lure and add red hooks and walla! It's bleeding. I'm not impressed, as of yet.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

If this season is a tough as last year I predict that dynamite will be a big seller! :D Guess I'll just use my old favorites and see.

4. if this year goes like last, I just may be going that route

5. Do you mean "marketing" HOT or actually "HOT" lures!? :D

6. actual hot ;)

preferbly something that will catch something other then a tree!!

7. Lucky craft came out with a new version of their pointer minnow. The real expensive one. Was that thing any good last year?

8. Crankbait

Crankbait The Sasquatch Hunter

Late last fall I picked up a 165 ThunderShad in the Citrus Shad patterns. I did extremely well with it down on the river banging it off of timber. I ordered a couple other colors off of their web site and can't wait to try them this spring.

9. Looking forward to trying out my Rapala XRap. From what I've read and seen on TV sounds interesting.

10. I'm looking forward to trying out my new lizards that are red on the bottom. Hoping that will trigger some big old bass!

11. what about these bucktail spinners with red in the skirts and red hooks? Or the regular spinner baits like this from Booyaaaa? Also there are some new rooster tails out that I'm sure I'll try a few of, since I never fish with rooster tails :rolleyes:

So far I plan on going to Gander and picking up the following for my birthday :D

Rapala X Rap (perch? silver?)
    Booyaa Bucktail Spinner Bait
    Couple of other spinner baits
    Rooster Tails
    New bass outfit???? :cool:

12. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

hey Pole don'trush to Gander just yet we have not got new baits in yet as they start coming in I will post . I did however get 2 of the new norman fat boy cranks I like the looks of it and will be trying them out in a few weeks when I go to N.C.

13. some of the new jig trailers look kinda cool. Yamamoto creature looks sweet. Not necessarily new, but bagley crankbaits are probly new to a bunch of tackleboxes this year. I saw a new drop shot jig that looked real cool.

14. GF lives about 3 miles down 256 from Gander so it's not really a special trip, more or less a requirement for me driving up to see her :D :p ;)

15. That I defintiely get my hands on the X rap, and I'm happy with the new line of red-hooked Terminator spinnerbaits. I've used red trailer hooks on spinner/buzzbaits, but always wanted the red hook to be the most forward of the hooks. I'm also expanding my Bandit crankbaits to the 400 and possibly the 600 Ultra Deep series. I also want to give Power Pro or some other braid a shot this year.

But as far as hot lures for this year to catch fish, one can never really tell. I just try to follow a loose seasonal pattern to find fish and then use my strengths to put them in the livewell. I'm definitely going to try and throw more plastics this year, especially some of the Gulp! brand. I've gotten away from it to much the past few years.

Eric