close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2005 Crappie tournament results.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DaleM, Apr 24, 2005.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

After a very trying day of braving the weather we had a great turnout. For those that showed up and gave it their all, I want to thank you. We had 44 sign up and 40 teams showed up to fish. 105 crappie were brought in to be weighed. Here are the final results.

#1 - Darcy Briggs & John Burley 10- @ 6.23 lbs.
    #2 - Brain McNamara & Matt Crabtree 10- @ 5.94 lbs.
    #3 - Ron Kasper & Bob Casper 10- @ 5.26 lbs.
    #4 - Abe Matuch & Shane Kholer 9- @ 5.24 lbs.
    #5 - Terry Cordel & Mark Puthoff 10- @ 5.05 lbs.
    #6 - Robert Guyton & gstrick27 9- @ 4.75 lbs.
    #7 - Kerry August & Brain B. 8- @ 4.65 lbs.
    #8 - Bryon Mellon & Rob Litteral 8- @ 3.56 lbs.
    #9 - Mike Koesters & Chris Overpeck 7- @ 3.46 lbs.
    #10-Buddy P 4-@ 3.0 lbs.

**** Big Fish Awards ****

#1 Big Fish - Charles Huston @ 1.28 lbs.

#2 Big Fish - Shawn Woerlin @ 1.23 lbs.

Again thanks to everyone that came out to fish and to those that showed up to help out.

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Thanks for posting the results Dale!

Had a great time gang. Horrible weather....just plain miserable. But we laughed it off all day, and had a great time :) Still thawing out I think. LOL.

Anywho.....congrats to all the winners. Well deserved in the weather yesterday, that's for sure.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Congrats to Swobelly for representing OGF near the top.

Even though I didnt get them :( thansk to the OGF member who donated the knives to the winning team.

I guess next time I need to feed those Crappies larger Split shots before the weigh in. ;)

4. catking

catking Banned

This was GREAT guys and gals !!! Thank you to all who came out !!! It was trying times to say the least . For those who left early, how did ya stay out there that long......... :D ........Hey , I met some really great people , and had a great time as it looked like you all did ..DA KING !!! did come face to face with THE KING ........ :D Turns out he's a fantastic guy and knows his panfish. I believe he finished 4th ........ My guy sowbelly101, who I picked to win this thing, did place second !!!!! Not bad........not bad at all.... Oh yea, saw the great catter Mellon Head, who you all know as H20Mellon-- Wasn't to impressing for a catter....... :rolleyes: .no wonder he is cursed...... And I 'm really sorry Brian, If I knew your head was the size of a mellon, I wouldn't have started that saying......... :D .........JEEZE US !!!! Now THATS funny....... Thanks to ALL , and Thanks Dale for posting the results. ... THE CATKING !!!

5. My first tournament and had a great time. I'm finally able to move my hands and no perminate sign of frostbite.
    Looking forward to the next outings....
    Thanks again OGF.
    Charles

6. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

A very cold day to say the least.

I caught 3 crappie, all short, and one catfish. My son caught 25-30 crappie all but 2 were short. He also caught a 4-5lb catfish.

Who was the guy that I pulled off of a stump up in Whetstone creek? Member?

I was amazed at how tough everyone was hanging in as long as everyone did. Never let it be said that crappie fisherman are wussies.

Congratulations to all of the winners.

Kim

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Kim,

Yeah, they are members. I talked with them at the ramp, and they asked who the big guy was in the big black/red/grey lund....said you had helped them when they were stuck. They were looking to thank you at the ramp, but didn't see you.

8. The OGF team should be decorated as Knights to the State for this one. Thank you to all of those people that set this up and followed through. The coffee was awesome relief from the cold and the subs and chips were fantastic and much appreciated. I met alot of great people and learned alot from the sowbelly101 team and others during the thaw period. And, I met the real king, DA KING !!! And did take some of his money!!! OH YEAH! :D Nice to meet you DA KING!!! and thanks for everything.

It was our second tournament and it made alot of memories for what would have otherwise been a normal weekend mowing the grass, or in this case, shoveling the snow. YEOWWWWWWW it was cold! I have never been that cold. And I have never fished in weather like that or seen the water react to it.....steam rising 10 feet high billowing sheets so thick you could hardly see 25 yards. But it made for an unforgettable memory of good times. :)

Delaware gave up some great fish. :B The fish did cooperate. We managed to start the morning at a lucky hole with some good biting fish. One Fish Ohio for our team and I saw many fish in each catch that were in that class. It was our first time on this lake. Can't wait to do it again. :G

9. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

They thanked me all that was needed at the time we pulled them off the stump. I just wanted a member name for future harassment :D You can't expect to hang up your pretty bass boat in a tourney and not have a little fun thrown your way, like "You are supposed to fish around the stumps not on stop of them"

Jim (Ruminator) deserves much of the thanks. He came and found me as I was loading my boat to leave and explained the problem and rode with me to find and help them.

I'm just glad their boat was OK.

Kim

10. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Thanks Kim for doing that. They were quite happy. But you didn't have to say bass boat did you :D What can I say, you know how those bass guys are.!
    Anyway thanks again.

11. Thanks to everyone who braved the elements. Great turnout gang! I would have taken more pix, but the weather would have eaten my camera for lunch!

Here are the winners, Darcy Briggs and John Burley.

[​IMG]

12. Brian McNamara and Matt Crabtree
    [​IMG]

13. Ron and Bob Kasper. Ron (OGF member RONK) is also a member of the SSA. That's representin' us Ron!!!

[​IMG]

14. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I think everyone who showed up deserves recognition, for being both crazy and dedicated! That was a stellar showing, considering the weather. Hope everyone is well enough to make it to work on Monday. I don't plan on leaving the house until then. :D

Congrats to those who placed! Good to see some OGF all stars on the board ;)

15. Ok, Ok.. It was my buddy Joe and I that got hung up on that stump yesterday, I want to thank you again Lundy and Ruminator for coming out and pulling us off, we both really apperciated it. I think my navaigators (Joe) eyeballs were frozen and he just didn't see it. Thank god we were at a no-wake speed when that happened. As miserable as it was yesterday we both had a great time. I guess since Joe isn't a member I'll take all the ribbing for it. Thanks again guys.

16. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

UH OH ! I know who im gonna have fun with this Saturday at Alum . :D

I am just glad to see that you both were ok and I hope it didnt tear up the boat any . See ya at the tourny .

17. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

The rain kept me from getting very many pictures but I got a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was difficult to get pix cause everyone was anxious to get somewhere warm and dry :D

18. I didnt know a guy could turn that many shades of purple(huh Bryan).

Thanks for a great time and i`m looking forward to the next one.8th place aint to bad considering the weather and the guys we were up against.

Bub

19. My thanks goes out to all of the OGF staff that made this possible. this was my first tournament and it will be a memorable one. I hope that we can do this again sometime.

20. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Bubba, are you saying Bryan was getting cold??????..LOL