close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2005 BassMaster's Classic in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TritonBill, Jan 14, 2005.

1. How many people are planning on attending this year. Events will be held in Pittsburgh. I for one am excited to have this practically in our home waters. I'll probably be there Friday - Sunday and possibly working at a booth at the expo for Cook's Goto Tackle Storage Systems.

Make your reservations early because things will fill up as soon as the BASS season gets moving...

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i am seriously considering it Bill. What are the dates agian.

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I'll be there for atleast the final day, hopefully for the whole event.

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

5. The Classic is in Pittsburgh?? I love the city, go there a couple times a year, plays at the Benedum, etc... but the Classic in Pittsburgh! I can only assume they are fishing the 3 Rivers. Sounds great, even though I donot follow the Classic, Bernie Shultz is a friend and fellow lure collector, if he qualifies ,I may go.

6. Three rivers? Let's hope the bag weight is better than the Ohio river event of 15, 20 years ago. I think it still has the record for lowest total weight.

7. I know some of the guys in my club are planning on going. I guess we're scheduling our tourneys around it if at all possible. I'm originally from that area, so I'm really pysched about it.

I saw some article that detailed the boundaries, and I know they can't go as far south into Ohio. Never knew the fishing could be that good towards the 'Burgh, but I think they want to challenge the anglers by forcing them to find fish. I think a lot of the high weights from down south and out west spoil these pros. I personally don't fish the river, but only because I have a healthy respect for it and I don't always have a partner to go with me. So I tend to go to Tappen or Salt Fork when I'm home in Steubenville. I also spend a lot of time on the 10 hp limit lakes of the MWCD. I just have to use my trolling motor.

I think the river is a lot more healthy than it was 20 years ago. It should make for a great Classic in a great town.

Eric

8. I tried making reservations in October and everything good was already booked. I don't think the weights will be impressive. Presque Isle may have been a better PA choice.

9. catking

catking Banned

I remember the Redman Classic was held in Cincinnati a few years ago . The weight total was low there as well. But I like the idea of the so called "pros" fishing in very tough waters. Face it, you have to have skills to catch LMbass out of the Ohio river. But I do know one thing spending quite a few years fishing for bass on the Ohio River with my dad , the "pros" run and gun way of fishing does not work here. You have to decide where there probably are bass, and really fish the area. I watched the pros down in Santee Cooper this past spring, and I never seen fishermen work at such a fast pace. I know it's all about catching fish, but if a few would just cover an area a little more, maybe they would reap the benefits ??? THE CATKING !!!

10. where can i get reservations for the classic

11. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I think I am going to take the new boat to it. Watch the Classic from the water.

12. we will probably go, went to my first classic last year at Lake Wyle NC/Sc and it was a blast.

13. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I hear everything is pretty much free at them.

14. Yep, everything is free and it's a great time!

ncraft150, nice to see you on BBC....

15. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

i agree with catking....running and gunning just ain,t gonna cut it..might as well stay home.....as far as weight goes the 3 rivers have come a long way in the last several years......as far as largemouth bass but i have been catching smallies there for well over 20 years and 4 to 5 lb smallies are not that uncommon anymore biggest largemouth i have ever been witness to was several years ago in early august while walleye fishing and that bass went over 7 lbs............a good stringer of smallmouth will win that tourney in my opinion and thats what i would concentrate on once you find the smallies you,ll find largies mixed in but if you insist on largies i think thats a mistake.........since its in my backyard i am gonna try to get there for a few days and the money it brings into the city dosn,t hurt....... :cool: