close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2005-2006 Deer Hunting Proposals

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Darwin, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

we were talking about how we'd probally get shafted AGAIN for Muzzleloding, looks to be true.

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

adding 8 counties to the three deer limit. They must be pretty optimistic about the deer population again. I also wish the muzzleloading season was longer, but with record kills every year, the muzzle season to them looks like it is doing fine.

4. deer-slayer

deer-slayer jesse

I am a deer hunter and i hunt in these counties the state is letting kill three deer in.Yes i would like to kill more deer but i am a resonsible deer hunter and i know there is not enough deer to harvest that large number.To me the state is making or creating the beginning of the end of deer hunting.That is my opinion to what the state is allowing.

5. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I see that they have added highland county along with several other s/w ohio counties to the 3 deer limit.:eek: :mad: I can tell you now that this is a mistake in my opionion and I will voice my opionions about it freely. Could someone please tell me who I could write to speak my feelings about this subject?

This is very disturbing for me to see yet its not surprizing at all.:rolleyes: Although it may not be much, I will do what I can to try to prevent this from happening.

6. It's all right there.

Anybody concerned should attend the meeting in their area.

7. Being that Highland county has the largest number harvested of any counties in the southwest I can see their logic strictly from a numbers standpoint. Just a suggestion for you Traphunter. You may want to try to get some good answers and support for your case before going to the meeting. I think they will tend to take someone more serious if they look like they have done some homework. I would try to understand what makes the Highland county numbers so much higher than other adjoining counties. You know there argument is going to go back to the numbers so you are going to need something to dispute them.

Let us know how it goes.

8. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Thanks M. Magis for pointing that part out to me. When I read the proposal I guess I was so frustrated I skipped that part.

bkr, I know I will need a strong argument and most likely it will not change anything but I would feel guilty if I didnt try.

Thanks again guys for your help, its appreciated.

9. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

Traphunter you are one negative dude. Cheer up, life is to short to always be negative.

10. H2O Mellon

I dont think hes negative, just passionatre about what he loves.

11. traphunter

traphunter Guest

It may seem that way at times but I just try to be relealistic. Im trying to think about the future instead of just now.

H20 is right, im just a concerned hunter trying to protect what I love.

Sorry if I came off the wrong way to you.

12. Hey Traphunter you can only go by your own experiences so if you say 3 is too much then have at it and let them know... Sitting on your hands won't solve anything and if they can explain to you their reasons then you may conclude 3 deer is the way to go... Many times the farmers bureau will claim there are too many deer and that goes into the equation too... Remember postal workers, delivery route drivers and many others report deer they see it all adds up...
    I also wish M/L would at least give everyone a chance to get out... Mine is getting dusty and everytime I save a tag I can't go :(

13. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I think alot of it has to do with insurance companies also. Like they are controlling our deer herd. If they listened to the actual hunters that get out there and actually experience the deer herd (or lack of) for themselves they would have a better understanding of what it is actually like. I think many that hunt in s/w ohio for deer would agree with me that 3 is to many.

Keep in mind this is just my opionion you guys dont have to agree with me.

14. I'm not going to get into this too far again, but some people just don't get it. First off, the insurance companies have nothing to do with it. That's one of them conspiracy theories that people like to spread, like the state dropping rattle snakes to control the turkey population. It just doesn't even make sense. The insurance companies MAKE more money because of the deer. They raise the premiums for everyone to cover for deer damage, and only a small percentage actually ever need it. And I promise, the folks making the regulations are out there WAY more than any weekend hunter. It's their job. These people aren't sitting behind a desk just throwing out numbers. If you disagree with them, that's fine. Go tell them. But, you better have your ducks in a row. They have ACTUALL numbers to back up their plan.

15. H2O Mellon

M.Magis,

So did the state really stock rattlesnakes? I know they are protected. Tell me more.

16. traphunter

traphunter Guest

H20 Mellon, No the state did not stock rattlesnakes, thats a rumer that has been going around for some time.

M.Magis, Im done argueing with you about this. Its obvious we both have different veiws on the deer population. Please dont try to start somthing with every post I make.

17. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have been reading Traps post for a number of years...I consider him one of the finest sportsman I know..He really cares about the game we hunt, and the fish we fish for.

18. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Just to lighten things up a bit..I will in all honesty say that Bryan Mellon, poses no threat at all, on our fish and game population :D :D

19. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Thanks alot for your comment, it really does mean alot.:)

20. Hey Jack I resemble that remark ;)