close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2004 K.I.S.S. Event

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Sep 22, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

2004 K.I.S.S. OUTING
    (“Keep it simple Steelhead”)

Where: Fairport Harbor “Long” Wall
    When: Sunday, October 24th
    Time: 7am till ???

People Interested so far........or at least I think are interested..haha...

ksuflash-breakfast and long wall
    pete moss-long wall
    dingo-??????
    archman-breakfast and long wall, and ksuflash's guide :D
    androDoug-breakfast and long wall
    winative-???????
    fishinful-trolling with steelhead1?????
    pymybob-?????
    dfox-????????
    exexec-riding his scooter from akron to cleveland to get no steelhead.
    ch23119-??????
    hardwaterfan-long wall
    chaunc-?????
    steelhead1-trolling
    parrothead jim- comming if he isn't tired...haha.. ;)
    ktiff-Long wall
    obxdave-????????
    fish2day-hopeful
    tightline- long wall
    shakedown- trolling in his bass boat. :confused:

It’s that time of year again when the steelhead begin to stage, and anglers both young and old head out to begin their steelhead season. Join us for a morning of fishing, and hopefully some catching.

The main purpose for this gathering is to get those experienced and non-experienced steelheaders together to enjoy a day at the water and hopefully learn a thing or two about chromers!!!

This outing will be very simple. If some of you wish to meet for breakfast before fishing, that’s GREAT!! There will be no Big Fish contest, no prizes, no bells and whistles to draw more people to sign up for the event. This is a come when you please and leave when you please event.

This event will evolve over the next few weeks, and further details will be posted once they become available to me. Please PM me with any feedback and ideas. It would be appreciated if you could let me know if your comming, and if you do or don't consider yourself knowledgeable in steelheading.

Looking forward to the event.

KSUFLASH.

2. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Count me in too, plus a friend (weather permitting). I have tried before, but still have not caught one. I have never been trained or shown the correct way. Sounds like fun.

One thing though, what road should I use to reach the "long wall". I have maps, but know nothing about lake Erie.

3. I'm a newbie and I'm interested in attending the outing.

best,
    jm

4. KSUFLASH

FANTASTIC GUYS!!!!!

Some of you have contacted me via email, or PM, or called me. And as of right now we have 20 people interested so far. 11 rookies, and 9 knowledgeable. I didn't know how much response that I would get from this, but I am pleasantly suprised!!!

More details will be ironed out in the weeks to come.

KSUFLASH

5. Put To Pasture

Put To Pasture Put To Pasture

Last year was my first attempt at Steelhead without success. It was also my first attempt at river fishing as well as using a fly rod. During a downpour I was given a brief lesson in my equipment by a person who was Steelheading for his second year. I would also like to participate in this event now called 2004 K.I.S.S. and learn the proper way to fish for Steelhead.

6. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

3' Waves or less and I will be the guy trolling in the gray 18' Crestliner. I will wave ;)

If lake is rough, see ya all on the wall :)

7. If the lake is really rough, it's not too productive on that wall anyways.

8. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

I have had some fairly productive days in the wind up there. Depends on direction.

9. Hey Mark, I took a ride up there last week for the first time. Looks like the area can be very productive casting to steelhead from a boat. I bet those fish stack up inside the break walls in the fall going in and out of the Grand River. I was wondering what ramp do you use. I was checking out the one that dead ends down from the bait shop and the waves were breaking over into thr ramp. I was thinking of bringing the boat up for the outing....JIM

10. KSUFLASH

Hello guys,

We are about 2 weeks away from the K.I.S.S. Event. I will be updating the thread via the first post that I made on the first page. I listed those whom were interested in meeting up. If I listed you and you can't make it, just shoot me a PM, as well as if your name doesn't appear and you want to come, shoot me a PM.

I may be asking some of you guys for some input on some things I had in mind. Stay tuned...

flash-------------------------------------out

11. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

jim................when we go up we use another ramp ..............i am not that great with directions but i will try ;) .....................after you get off the highway and curve back under the highway their is a stop light on the other side of the over pass (you can see the bait store up on the right) hang a left on that street about a mile or so on the right is a launch ramp i think the name of the place is rutherfords landing something like that you got to turn a hard right and go over train tracks to get into the place it is 5 bucks to launch and make sure to pay first the old lady that owns the joint is a bit testy some days the ramp is ok the place kind of looks dumpy just tell the lady you work at ksu and she will love you she grad. from here this ramp is further down the river but you can fish the river with out the wind problems like at the other ramp later...................jim :D

12. What do you troll with and how deep do you go, how far back, etc. Just curious, I trolled it a bit last week with no success but I did see one get caught on another boat while trolling.

13. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

we troll 130-140 foot back flat line with jointed orange rapalas that is what was working last year got 1 on a blue one to.......jim

14. hey im in if the back lets me! Actually will be if i can find a driver! to much fishn and a long ride home will take its toll on me! I think i got a buddy that will want to join, if not anyone going up from columbus that has room for 1 :confused: :p

15. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

jason....i happens to have a steelhead/salmon rod and want it to catch some fish..i maybe up for this..if i can find some warm cloths faast..lol..

16. Buddy has agreed to come up, so that will be 2 more rookies :D

17. Flash, tried to send you a pm, but your file is full. Anyway count me in. I will need some directions to Fairport Harbor.

18. I should be able to attend, I will let you know. Sounds like a good time!
    I'm going to head up there on Saturday. Not sure if I'm hitting the long or short pier. I'll post results...

19. I'm headed up tomorrow, I'll post results.

20. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

If the lake isn't rolling, I'll be there with the boat trollin the mouth/breakwalls.