Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know score isn't everything, but EVERYONE loves giant deer. Who here has killed a 200" deer. Did it just happen randomly did you have history etc... I only know of 1 for sure possibly two people personally that have hit that mark. Well the one was 196 sooooo I'm just grading on a curve for him.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have a couple buddies that have deer over 200. A few more with typicals over 170. None of them had a past with the deer. I did hunt a 7x7 typical one year that everyone is positive would gross in the upper 180’s from trail cam pics but I only seen him once at 30 yards. Had just a few more steps to go and when I adjusted to get in position I didn’t notice the 6pt standing directly underneath me staring at me. One snort from the little guy and they were both gone. Only seen him that one year and never heard of anyone killing him either. Know most hunters within a 5 mile radius of where I was getting pics of him. I still have the video of when he was coming in to me but it won’t load on here. Basically looks like a picket fence coming along the field edge.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have only ever seen one that I would consider saying was a 200, possibly. Was hands down the biggest buck I have ever seen while hunting. Was a crazy rut morning. Cold calm clear. Absolutely perfect. He was locked down with a doe somewhere around 150 yards away. Bucks running everywhere and he would not leave her. I ended up shooting what at the time was my biggest that morning and don't regret it one bit. That big one just looked like a picket fence on both sides. Over 20" wide, beams to the end of his nose, ridiculous mass just an absolute giant 12 point and the darkest rack I have ever seen.

3 years ago I skipped a day at the end of October to take my son fishing. If I would have been about 3 seconds ahead of where we were I would have got one with my truck that I know was 200 +. Would have been worth it !

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I waschasing a huge buck last year in Jackson county... I ended up getting a great opportunity in the first week of November and I could not believe that I didn't shoot, well, I mean i can, the buck was at less than 10 yards facing directly at me and I wasn't confident in that shot… I was shaking like a leaf the entire time of that encounter… And I can guarantee you… I bet that buck was only 150 "... Biggest damn thing I've ever seen while hunting though… Lol
... Thank God for harnesses… I'd probably pass out if I saw a 200 😂

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I waschasing a huge buck last year in Jackson county... I ended up getting a great opportunity in the first week of November and I could not believe that I didn't shoot, well, I mean i can, the buck was at less than 10 yards facing directly at me and I wasn't confident in that shot… I was shaking like a leaf the entire time of that encounter… And I can guarantee you… I bet that buck was only 150 "... Biggest damn thing I've ever seen while hunting though… Lol
... Thank God for harnesses… I'd probably pass out if I saw a 200 😂
I know the feeling, the one I shot last year was 160 and I called him in after he kicked the ass of a very very nice 8 point I had just passed up a few minutes prior. I pretty much lost it when I knew it was a perfect shot

·
Registered
880 Posts
I shot at one during the rut prolly 16 years ago that was killed during gun season that scored 196. He crossed the road in front of me that afternoon and I set up on him that evening but shot right over top of him. He lived about 6 miles from here and they had a ton of pictures and history. He was a way non typical with a few drop tines and a beam that curved down at the end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Nobody who I know well and would call a friend has killed a legit 200 .

Close to 20 yrs ago I saw one 200 plus while out bow hunting for a doe thanksgiving weekend . I'd killed a upper 140s 10 point in early November and we were back home visiting family for the holidays .

He slipped by me at about 50 yds. A neighbor killed him during ML that yr and he scored in the between 210 and 220 . I can't remember exactly.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have never seen a 200 or personally know anyone who has killed one. I shot a non typical that netted 171 7/8 in 2016. Myself and my father saw a buck 2 nights in a row (saltfork archey draw) that was an absolute giant. I honestly think it was over 160. He was literally 1 step away from me letting an arrow fly and the next night my dad had him within 15 yards but could not get a clean shot. We named him Awe **** because that's we said when we saw him lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts