Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ive only seen one over 20lbs.....happened this year actually....from the northern half of ohio. I have seen quite a few 16s and 18s though. I have the pic of the channel but my buddy who caught it didnt post it anywhere. So there may be a reason for that. Might be trying to keep his spot top secret. Lol.

You will have to take my word on it I guess.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
my personal best was 18.2 durring a tourney at Clear Fork Lake about 4 yeas ago. I got a pic somewhere but it didnt top the 20 lb mark.
Whodeynati, I think i know the fish your talking about but it wasnt at a tourney and the pics I saw were questionable at best if its the same fish.

I know Sandusky Bay has some real nice fish though so its not out of the question for up there.

Salmonid

·
Registered
315 Posts
I target big channels at mogadore in northeast ohio. I average 2 10#+ fish a night. The biggest one I have caught was just shy of 18 and that was two years ago. I am actually going out tonight, my goal is to break 20 this year.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
315 Posts
The first pic is my personal best at 17 pounds and around 34"
the second pic is my biggest this year at 15.5 and 32"
The third pic is my buddy's 15 pound fish. don't remember length
The last pic is my cousin with his 18 pounder, the fish was big all around at 36"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Nice pics guys. So where are the pics of the 20's at? ;)

This is probably my PB (31.5), I still have a long ways to go to get to 20#

·
Registered
805 Posts
Dang these are all some nice fish! A guy I know caught a 26lber in a pond down the road from me .. thing was massive and every day I drive past this pond and think of it in there.... my pb tho is maybe 10# ...one day tho ill hit that 20# mark!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 20 of 31 Posts