20 1/2 Inch Crappie...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CRAPPIE LOVER, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Picked up a copie of CRAPPIE World Extra magazine...For the fishermen who has not got one there is a story I wish to share with you....
    In March 1969 he caught a 20 1/2 inch crappie from a private lake in North Carolina...He measured and weighted it on a scale,,, but he could never get an accurate weight... Thinking he may have a new state record,,he tied the fish with a drapery string with a square knot,,put it back in the lake,,so he could transport it to a certified scale..he also wanted to take it to the taxidermist...
    The next morning , when he was going to take it to be weighed , the knot came loose, while he was pulling it from the water. He got in the water and grasped him briefly before it got away...
    Almost 40 years later and he has not caught another crappie that weighed more than 2 1/2 pounds..To this day he wishes he had got it out and weighed and taken to the taxidermist,, because some folks dont believe him when he tell's this story...
    There is a picture and it is a whopper... If that had been me there would have been so many knots you would have to cut the cord to take it off...
    If I had the computer savey I could copy the pic..and post for all to see...
    :B GOOD FISHING GUYS

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015