Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Another good piece of advice is stick to the rules and laws. If you would send gun to unauthorized address you would have both ATF and US Post Office after you. Same as sending ammo or handguns in mail. Don’t listen to some jerk who wants to save $20. You can end up in a world of trouble and when the Feds come to see you it’s not uncommon for them to take all your guns. You have to go through PIA to get them back. It is also against the law to sell handgun to non resident.
Do exactly what law requires, no more- no less. The Feds don’t care what you do as long as you follow the law. I’m sure we are headed for a crack down and the ATF will not be under friendly management.

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey DoBoy!
I have one like the one on the right also, i pretty sure they are both ivers revolvers , due to the owl on the grips. the one i have is a .32cal.

Silver one has an owl,,,, the blued one has a picture of a TARGET with 5 holes in it. 'Hammerless'.
The timing is way better on it, but I would have to punch out 7 pins,,,, to see what's going on with the return of the trigger.
Most likely,,, it just needs cleaned & lubed.
Someday in the near future,,,, I just might take the time to tear it down & see what's up, but I'd rather have someone who knows a bunch more, do it,,,, we'll see.

·
Pole in hand
234 Posts
Oh i see that now, mine has the owl and is the same style but not hamerless so i figured they were both from ivers.
32.jpeg
32-2.jpeg

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Another sure fire way is to read the top of the rib on barrel. There were a hundred different makes of these little revolvers but Iver Johnson and H&R actually made most of them for other companies.
in Flaydermans there are so many they are just lumped under Saturday Night Specials.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts