close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2 questions

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by truck, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Can someone recomend a onboard charger that will do 4 batterys?Does anyone make a quick disconnect for a bow mount trolling motor?Daryl

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Daryl,

No sure about the 4 bank...I'm sure someone's gotta make em...and you'll pay for it i bet.

Minn Kota makes a quick disconnect for their PowerDrive and Autopilot TM's. I had one mounted for my PowerDrive, LOVED it. 1 thumbscrew, and the sucker was off. Mounts in a REAL small area too, so it'll fit pretty much anything. The mount was like $35 from what I remember.

3. Thanks SDown I will have to get the q d for the frt t/motor I only use it about 2 months out of the year trolling for stripers.I'll keep checking around for the battery charger.Daryl

4. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

Truck,
    I have a 4 bank charger I got this year, have not installed it yet, plan on doing that in the next week. I cant remember the brand but will look when I get home tonight and post it for you. I do know I got it from Cablea's and it was a little pricey but a real nice looking unit. Heavy gauge wires, and each charger bank has its own fuse. I will post the brand and model tonight...Stretch

5. Thanks Stretch,I was wondering how it charges the 2 batterys that are wired together to make 24 volts.Do you have any idea?Daryl

6. Stretch

The one I have has four different sets of wires coming out of it. So you connect one set for each battery. Really nice setup, and the charge rate is fast, just wish I could remember the brand :rolleyes: , oh well I will post it here once I get home and have it in my hands. I was also surprised at the size of it, not near as big as I expected. I will post more about it later once I have all the info in front of me......Stretch

7. ShakeDown

Wow Stretch...the Cats' pullin some juice it sounds like!

8. Stretch

I need one battery for the main moto, and 3 for the 101lbs of thrust the trolling motor puts out :D :D :eek: ......Stretch

9. I have a 4 bank charger in my boat. Can't remember the brand of it right now but will try to look tonight and let you know.

Good Luck,

Matt D

10. It kinda does not make sence to me how you can charge 2 batts with them being wire pos to neg?Oh well please let me know how it works out.Daryl

11. Stretch

I found the charger, just happened to have a BPS catalog here at work :D
    The charger is a ProMariner and the model I have is a ProTournament 300Quad. It lists in BPS for $400.00. Hope this helps......Stretch

12. ShakeDown

101?!?!?! You ski off that thing?

13. Stretch

14. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Heck, he can outrun most OUTBOARDS with that monster trolling motor

15. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Truck:
    It doesn't matter how they are wired. You connect to each battery, if you have 4 batteries you connect 4- different sets of wires to the batteries. 1- positive, 1- negitive to each battery. Very simple, even you won't screw that up if you follow instructions. It's been done that way for years, and years. just because they are wired in series to equal 24 volts, the charger only charge 1- battery per connection.

16. "J"

"J"

For the money you can't beet a dual pro (CSI), they have the best warranty program going, customer service is first rate. "J"