close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2 nice smallies

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mr. Basskisser, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Mr. Basskisser

Mr. Basskisser Hard Core Fishing Fool!

Had last week off and got to go fishing 8 out of 9 days. Things were pretty slow. Got skunked a couple of times. Tried 3 different streams, 2 different lakes. Our best day was 11 largemouth with Mrs. BK catching 8 of them. Sunday morning rolled around with the dogs waking me up at 4:30 like they always do. I dealt with them and laid down on the couch debating on whether to go fishing or not. I dragged myself up and hit the local flow. The numbers were still not there, 3 smallies and a rocky. But one smallie was 18 inches and another was 17. I usually don't get 2 big ones like that in one day so I was very happy. It made up for a slow week of fishing to end the vacation on a high note.

18 incher
    [​IMG]

17 incher
    [​IMG]

17 incher swimming away, just like he should.
    [​IMG]

2. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Way to go. Those are some nice fish!

CG

3. Congratulations on some nice smallies.

4. nice fish, beautiful scenery in the background...also in your pics..the 20 inch lm in the rain with the pond and a hint of fog...that had to be a great day!!

5. Nice looking fish and glade to see you getting out on a regular basis. Are you and the little lady still going on the cabin trip first weekend in August?

6. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Nice fish, atleast you had a high light. Would of been nive if all the trips were like that.

7. Very nice smallies. Sometimes it's definately quality over quantity, which are still pretty good days! The smallies are hitting here in the WV panhandle. I haven't made it to the Green or New, but I'm concentrating on a small stream about 15 minutes from the house. I had been catching at least 10 smallies the last couple of times until Sunday. I had one every trip that had went 12-13", with the biggest being a 17 1/4" beauty. Glad to see the Ohio smallies are still hitting. Best of luck the rest of the summer!

8. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

those are some darn nice smallies.........CONGRATS !!!