Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my boss out perch fishing after work last night. Hit the water at 630 and we were back at the dock with our limit before it was dark. we fished 33-34 FOW on a 310 heading out of beaver. Size was mixed some smaller fish and big fish. Junk wasnt a problem, we may have caught 10 white bass/perch and 3-4 sheepshead.

fishing was good up and down for awhile once we got it going. They would not touch a spreader. I switched over to a crappie rig and it was on for me. My boss switched over and had the same results. I lost a ton of fish on the way up which usually does not happen, maybe it was the smalll hooks i had on maybe my hook set was just bad yesterday or maybe it was the way the fish were biting who knows.

they are out there. get out there and catch them

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
When is the Fish Fry? Can smell them cookin now! Thanks for the report, will be headin up to Fairport for some perching at end of month. Hope to get into some "jumbos". We usually get the big ones end of Sept. or early October. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Damn waves beat us up heading to Beaver so we turned back. When will I learn to check the wind and wave reports before heading out???????????

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was at that exact spot Friday morning and it was some of the worst perching of the year for me....what a difference a half a day makes. Ugh. Good job getting them going!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was at that exact spot Friday morning and it was some of the worst perching of the year for me....what a difference a half a day makes. Ugh. Good job getting them going!
we've fished that spot 3 times in the past week caught about half our limit the first two times and finally got them going good last night

·
Registered
99 Posts
Same here OSUDADDY. Got out about 8:30 am and we got beat to death by some good 4 and 5 footers. Fishing was not good at all as alot of junk and only small perch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts