Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I went bluegill fishing with my grandson yesterday afternoon. We hit our favorite lake, it was very clear. The fish were not in a hungry mood, 7 bluegills a piece, so we drove to another lake. When we got there a breeze was blowing that made watching our bobbers harder than normal. The fish were able to rip the wax worms off before we realized we had a bit. Once we used up the bait my grandson total was 18 to my 11. He really did like how his new rod & reel worked; for he did have more action than I did. The breeze did keep the heat down so it was a nice day to be outside.

Hopefully the rains will not mess the Ohio River up so we can get some catfishing this upcoming week. It would be nice if we can get the catfish to start giving us some action.

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,376 Posts
I fished gills at Acton tuesday, down sizing hooks and smaller corks cured the waxy robbing issue, also hi vis line helps see the action, I found them tight to downed wood, actually caught 14 off one tree. It's always a good day fishing with Grandkids, I have to compete with his basbeall schedule.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts