close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2 cycle oil

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishers of Men, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

What are you guys paying for 2 cycle oil a gallon, like premium plus for example?
    gander used to have a sale from 22 to 16.99 in the past. since it went up, last week was $30 a gal, I heard it again went as high as 50 gal recently. Even the premo Johnson oil.

I ran into a bulk deal is why I ask.

2. Workdog

Workdog "One More Time"

Down in Virginia, I used to get Premium Plus at a dealer who sold it out of a 55 gal drum... much lower than by the gallon jug. Failing that, Bass Pro in Hampton VA used to have a half off sale during the winter and I would pick up enough for the year when I went down there for a business trip. Last winter I couldn't find any sales on the Premium Plus, so payed $26 regular price at Bass Pro. Do you know someone who sells out of a drum?

Workdog

3. Bob's Marine in Dover sells out of a drum. It's been a month or so since I've been there but it was under 20 then if you brought your own jug

4. Fishers of Men

It's probably is going to keep going up and I ran across some and will share it to members for 18.00 gal + 2.00, and put the 2.00 from each gallon towards this fund:
    http://fomsportfishing.com/community.php

SAVE YOUR JUGS.

Send a pm.

5. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I picked up a quart of Lucas 2 cycle and about fell over when they said it would be $6. I don't feel so bad now after seeing this thread.

6. Fishers of Men

I am not familiar with that oil, I do know the guys running V-6's have to run a premium oil.

7. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I just bought Yamaha 2 stroke lube at Gander Mt for my 150hp. Are you guys sitting down for this one.....34.00 a gallon:mad: . I about crapped my pants. Can someone tell me I can get this stuff cheaper?

8. I buy mine at walmart. its super tech TCW3 outboard oil and it costs $9.99 a gallon. I have been running it for five years now in my 2001 yamaha 200 HP VMax with no problems what so ever. I have heard that it is made by penzoil.

9. Fishers of Men

After frying a powerhead last year, and on good oil besides, I wouldn't think of using the cheap oils. The premium plus has less smoke than the premium. The equivalent Johnson oil is what I am running in the new powerhead that was built under warranty that the mechanic recommended. I like it better than the premium plus so far. I have read many reviews and views on the different oils, and as far as I can see many are fine but some of them over time cause engine life to shorten. So, at the cost of these fine outboards, I will not hesitate to put in the best grade recommended.

10. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Well, guess were I'll be buying my oil from now on. I can buy three of that compared to the price of one at rip off mt. ThanksV Max

11. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I've been using the Walmart Super Tech oil too for the past 3 years. I couldn't imagine paying $35/gal!!

12. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Mercury DFI oil for the Optimax-about $36/gal

13. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

Redline Oil $35 A Gallon

14. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

If you drive by the new Indy Colts stadium on US70 there is a giant sign on the stadium that says Lucas Oil. Seems to be a popular racing oil.