close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2-12-05 Report

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, Feb 16, 2005.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I was about to go to bed after a restless night. I fell asleep in my lounge chair in front of the TV. Woke about 2:15 AM and wound up staying up all night, as I was on my way to bed at 9-9:15, Jigger calls & twists my arm forcing me go fishing :rolleyes:
    We get on the water by about 11 AM Fish were stacked up like cordwood, only problem was they woundn't commit to a bite. had a few taps and bumps, Dave caught a small channelcat. I had one nice hit that tore the bait off. Bait was all frozen, skips & shad, no live. Had a nice time out on the water. :D
    [​IMG]

2. Good pic of the F/finder Jim,been my luck lately also.Wish you guys would make the pics smaller though-makes it hard to read the posts.

3. catking

catking Banned

Them are fish :confused: No wonder ya aint catchin, them looks like logs :cool: ........... ~**~

4. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Nothing like getting the heart a pounding when you see them on the screen like that then such a letdown when they won't move on a bait, and that tap tap stuff just drives me up a wall, I have considered the Crocidille Dundee trick a few times or two:D

The last time I was on the river when I caught the big one we rolled up on a hole with fish stacked up like that couldn't get them to move on the bait pulled up anchor and they were still there so threw the cast net, one way or another we were going to find out why they didn't bust our baits...........Carp bunches of the things all around 5# each, just never thought about them schooling up on a cold water hole in the winter........live and learn.......Doc

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

That's what I was thinking.......drum, carp, etc. If they were cats, we would've been busy for hours. That was just one shot, it was thick for maybe 30-40' wide and maybe 80 yards long. We had to bump them with the sinkers......

6. Sounds like my last trip :(

Sliprig