2/11/18 Alum Creek Lake Pics

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Alwayskunked, Feb 11, 2018.

1. So I apologize— I don’t have any. But if you do, could you put ‘em up here?

2. Pictures of what?

3. See, I quit taking selfies and look what happens

Saugeyefisher and skywayvett like this.
  4. Of the ice.

5. BWW

BWW

I was out there Sunday. The southern third still has ice. Didn’t look up north. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1518538017.555769.jpg

lacdown likes this.
  6. Question about that picture. That looks like a dock extending out onto the ice. Did they leave one dock in over the winter?

7. saug-I

saug-I Remember the 15" limit!!

If I’m not mistaken that is just the concrete dock that the floating docks attach.

8. BWW

BWW

They left a floating dock in.

It’s not concrete.

9. Interesting, didn't know they left a dock in.

10. That’s great. I didn’t realize they left us one dock to use. This means you can launch year round solo. I’m going to drive over and take a look myself

11. BWW

BWW

Alum Creek Reservoir is ice free.

12. South galena ramp bay open I seen open lake was

13. Is south galena ramp open

14. BWW

BWW

Yes. Whole lake is open. I spent the day on the lake yesterday. In the morning the lake was about 50% ice covered. By 4 PM, over 90% of the ice was gone. Now there is just a little in some coves that are shaded and protected from the wind. South of Cheshire the water temperature was 38 degrees. North of 36, water temperature was 43 degrees.

15. They left one dock in this year but it's not as long. Still enough to launch.

16. Thanks for reply dont really get by there much during week what was water like south pool is it muddy like north end

17. BWW

BWW

Water was chocolate milk north of 36. Between 36 and Cheshire the water was murky -- maybe 6” visibility. South of Cheshire there were places that were murky and others that had 2-3’ of visibility. The windward shores were very murky. Generally, the further south the clearer the water.

I fished from noon to sunset with no luck. Still good to be on the water working the kinks out.

Saugeyefisher likes this.