Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oct 14th. First trip with 16ft boat, same as last trip SKUNKED! My brother and I left Fredrick’s at 08:20, lines it the water at the Breakers at 09:00. We had to use our back up baits for there were no shad at the ramp. We tried 5 different spots; same story at each one; just taps no real bites! All the baits got taps that cleaned off bait! Weather wise it was a perfect day on the river. We headed back to the ramp at 13:15, another frustrating trip.

I hope to get a few more trips in before hanging it up for this year. This has been the worst fishing ever from a boat, if it is like this next year; I might just hang it up and go back to bank fishing.

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
Were you out on the Ohio River or did you stay in the trib? I haven't had much luck in the tribs as of late :(

·
Registered
830 Posts
I hate seeing all your skunked reports.
The first thing I would do is keep casting for shad just because they aren't on the ramp doesn't mean they aren't a 100 yards up or downstream. Second thing would to venture away from Cincinnati. If we are willing to travel (not far) I could pm you a couple of spots.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All 5 spots were on the Ohio around the downtown area. Next time out plan on heading down to the Mill Creek area. Hope to net some shad around there. Like I said all the back up baits were tapped just no hard bites. I am still on a learning curve about running the 16 ft. boat. Norb

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
At least we know it isn't the boat size holding ya back! The Ohio is so massive, I wouldn't even know where to begin. But at least your still getting out there. Can't catch nothing but yard bass at home anyways, right?

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts