close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st Steelhead of the season

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by archman, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Got out to Headlands this morning about 7:30. I got two hits on my jig and maggots, and missed both. Finally got this one about 9:30. I didn't get any hits on my spoon, only saw one other caught. Within a week or so, they should be in thick.[​IMG]

2. bgpark1

bgpark1 Catching and Releasing

nice catch... river was lame tuesday night but nimi has some action. hope this is the year i get my first steelie.... lol

3. Joel,

I just got my 1st of the year yesterday. I landed a 6lb. hen on a jig/maggot combo up in the Painesville dam area. I also had one break off on spawn. It has begun.

Wes

4. Fish Tale

Fish Tale Sea Food Eater

That is one nice fat piece of Steel!!!!!!!!!!

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

6. Awesome & Congrats!!!

7. Wes, thanks for the info. I had heard from some people out there they were hitting at the Painesville dam, but I didn't think they were up that far yet.

8. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Nice catch Joel.........lemme know when to make that drive, I'm looking forward to it. I'll even take a day during the week off for one of those hogs! Nice job and nice fish!

Gene

9. Hi,

Great fish. I hope we catch many more.

JM

10. Great fish! I really hope to get up there sometime this fall and try go get a few.

11. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Great Catch!!!!! Congrats....

flash-----------------------------out

12. that's hot dude! glad you got yours! what size, length was it. released? later

mat

13. Gene, it should be on fire within a week or so. I'll definitely let you know.

I gave this one away because it was bleeding pretty good. I catch and release unless it's not going to make it, then I'll give it away.