close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st Spook

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by goolies, Feb 6, 2008.

1. I just finished my 1st spook. Its about 3/4" in diameter, a little over 4" long and weighs 5/8 oz. Its through wire constructed with a 1/8 oz egg sinker in the tail. I cut two 3/4" diameter dowel blanks to a length of about 2" and shaped one end of each blank using my lathe substitute (a hand drill and belt sander). I then hollowed out each piece on the drill press to get the weight down. The 2 pieces were aligned and assembled using a short length of 3/8" diameter dowel. The majority of the finished lure is hollow. I hope to make about a dozen of these before spring to use for Bass fishing and for family in Pensacola to use for Redfish and Speckled Trout.

Attached Files:

2. Very nice! I am sure you will some water blow up around that spook soon.

3. Nicely done! What diameter wire did you use?

4. Thanks guys.

.041 Stainless Steel

5. Wow! Very nice paint scheme on that one! :B

6. Andy, you are amazing. That thing is beautiful and I know how much work that was to get the interior work done before getting to the paint work.

Great work!

7. Thanks again guys.

I shaped and hollowed out 10 more today. I'm looking forward to finishing them up. Finish sanding, sealer, through wire,...

8. That looks AWESOME man!!!

9. Andy looks great! I can't wait to see some pics of redfish and speckled trout on those bad boys!