close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st musky, a 2nd& 3rd & another 1st!

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by Jackfish, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Went down to cave run in April (new computer so post is a bit late) to try out my new boat & see if we could get a musky. I had never caught one before, nor had the buddy I was fishing with. Was having problems with the boat motor so while waiting for my brother (who I bought the boat from & knows the motor) to show up we dropped the trolling motor & puddled around the launch site at Zilpo campground. Shortly before he showed up I got a nice hit on a spoon, wasn’t really expecting to catch anything so my heart basically stopped, while I realized I had my 1st musky on the line. After a decent fight it came in, 31.5’ 7lb. Not great but not bad. 2 casts later my buddy, who is casting a rattling shad, says “get that net back out”… no way… he had a better fight out of his, it went 32’ 6.5lb. Pretty cool. We got the motor running but didn’t see any other musky the rest of the weekend.

Going for white bass over as Caesar’s Creek a few weeks later I tagged into a pair of musky! A 15 & a 16…. unfortunately I’m not talking pounds. Musky non the less though.

So, 3 musky boated, now I just need one with some size to it!

Attached Files:

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Wow...you cut the 1,000 casts down to a mangable average...congrats.