close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st Kayak trip with son

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by StuckAtHome, Jul 24, 2007.

1. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Headed out to Big Walnut tonight around 7pm to float about 2 miles so Patrick can learn alittle about river yakking, he was not happy I made him leave the fishing pole at home( I brought mine of course, what, I know thats not cool but I'm dad!) too much work to fish and navigate the yak when he is only 10. I was SOOOO proud of him, he did great, only messed up on the riffles a few times getting sideways, but with no flow now is the time to learn from your mistakes. I didn't get to fish much, mostly coaching my son on what to do, but I did hook into a few nice SM, no dinks, about 5 all over 13" and one nice one around 16- 17", he slipped out of my hands while measuring, but I did get a pic(not a great one, Patrick took 3 and this is the only one that his fat fingers weren't over the darn lens!). Been about a month since I hit this area and the low flow is letting weeds take over some of the slower parts, but my favorite holes are all deep and produced. Shwookie- I forgot the darn net again, you would have laughed watching me look for it while trying not to lose him, then realized it wasn't behind me, then thought I was in shallow water, bailed out, it was almost chest deep, but I did land him and found out my paddle floats, thank God!:D
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

thanks for the awesome report! That was a good read. Everyone seems to be catching fish this year except for me and I'm not used to it at all! But it is good to hear that people are doing good

3. anytime spent with the kids or in my case grand kids is great. thank you for the post nothing can be better. I just wish the grandson was closere N.C. severn hours, two hundred $ round trip, I will b e saveing for when he is a little older, 20 months is a li5ttle short.

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

5. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

there you go again not letting other people catch fish, cause they are too busy taking pictures of your fish.lol cant wait till my boy gets a little older.(2 is a little too young to put in the float tube)

6. StuckAtHome

If I let him fish, he might take the good side of the river, and I can't let that happen!

7. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Cool your son is getting it.

Between you inability to pull your net, and my inability to walk, we could use a third set of hands....

That link is posted in the lounge I believe.
    No way its as big as he said it was, look at his hand under the fishes head.
    He either is lying, or has the largest hands, ever.

8. StuckAtHome

You up for a road trip Sunday morning till whenever shwookie? We will have to get up early again, but at least you showed up in time not like someone else around here,lol. I wanna try either Hocking or upper Darby, or even the koko, Sunday I don't have to be back as early, the leash comes off, ye-haw!
    PS- I'll bring a net and a walking stick!

9. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

you show up a little late and they never let you live it down. I could of not called you or showed up.lol

10. StuckAtHome

Oh, was I talking about you, just kidding. I'm glad you did call or my wife would have been right about meeting strange men on the internet," you gotta stop picking up guys on the internet, even to go fishing, how do you know they won't be the Boston strangler?" all I worry about is they might be live bait fishermen,lol.

11. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

that is kinda funny, my wife says the same things. "how do you know they wont murder you, its just the two of you no one will ever know." Then I tell her thats the how I want it all to end with a fishing pole in my hand.lol

12. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Mike, this weekend won't work for me.
    Maybe next weekend if possible.
    The darby is very stained right now due to recent rains, but i'm going to hit it tomorrow morning and see how it fishes.

You can join me in the morning if you want.

13. StuckAtHome

Tomarrow is bad for me too, wife is home BUT she is having a garage sale, SO I'm having a garage sale too, and she told me to shape up or the yaks will be sold to the lowest bidder, she says $50 for both, jeez...
    Might try the nieghbor to go Sunday morning, trying to talk him into the hocking, not too far from Picktown, anyone know a good start and ending place thats about 4-6 miles in length? Have to look it up on google maps.