close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st fish of the year

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrtwister_jbo, Mar 16, 2005.

1. hit a couple of spots 2day by myself :) fished the creek in mingo at a couple of spots no luck but did see a couple of fish ohio carp by the waste water outlet one was hugh 30''maybe 32''!
    then ran down 2 pike yorkville 2 get some minnows but oooooooo nooooooo
    only thing he hads was shiners an i didn't even ask how much lol :D
    so change of plans hit the back waters 4 some bigmouth bass
    bobber an a 1/32 jig head an 2'' chart tail about 1ft deep :eek:
    bingo 10mins later fish on :cool: 15'' large mouth which was released 2 fight a nother day
    then missed 2 other fish in the next hr had them on but didn't get 2 touch them lol
    nice day all in all
    mrtwister_jbo

husk going 2 try 2 get some minnows an hit the rayland launch let u no 2morrow am off till sunday so am fishing every day :D

2. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

congrats on your fish. have not gotten out yet. maybe this weekend. hope for sure easter weekend.

3. Congrats on the 1st of 05 :)

4. You fished the mouth of Cross Creek in Mingo? I have always wanted to hit that spot but didn't know if ya could get down in there because of Wheeling -Pitt steel. Do you fish it often and how do you do? I used to hit those backwater ponds in Rayland all the time for LM bass, crappie, bluegills, carp and channels. I have hit some 10lb + channel cats out of the creek there between the train bridge and the road. They are a pretty good area sometimes, especially early season when the water warms up faster than the river. Congrats on the first fish of the year!!

Jake