Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 11 th. I got a call from my grandson wanting to go fishing. We were both eager to go and wet a line at our favorite pond. Stopped at our local Mom & pop bait shop got some red & was worms for bluegills. We got to the pond at 13:30 had lines in the water by 13:40. A short time later my grandson landed the 1st fish of the day, a small Bluegill. I still had not even gotten a bite when he hooked into a 10 inch L.M. bass. He had me 3 to 0 when I finally caught a 9 inch L.M.Bass. The bites were far and few between but did keep you on your toes. My grandson did have a decent size turtle on, just never could get it up off the bottom, finally the hook slipped of the beak of the turtle. Once again my grandson came out on top: 1 bass 3 bluegills, I came in with 1 bass & 1 bluegill. We called it a day at 16:15. I at least got my line in the water for the start of the year. It was a very enjoyable day together. With the Ohio River heading back up to the 40 foot range it will be some time before I can go after catfish. Norb

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was thinking the same thing FD04 said. Just getting out there with your grandson is just great. I have two grandsons just turned 1 year, can't wait to get them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts