close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st CC report of the year

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by big_b16, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Well, Lazy and I had to test the motor at CC to make sure all was well. With that task completed approximately 30 seconds after putting in the water....what else was there to do? I tried 3 out of 5 lures that I recently acquired at the show. I was able to boat 2 nice shad, each going about 0.5 oz. Lazy tested some proprietary lures he'd created over the off season. Water temp 37 degrees, that's correct a mere 5 degrees above freezing. The clarity was shorter than my leader, i.e. not clear. But, it was good to have a chance at seeing something. It was good to get that first skunk out of the way. It is only up from here.

BB

2. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Glad you got out. I almost hit CC on Saturday but ran out of daylight. I did get the boat ready for the upcomming season.

Thanks for the update!

3. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Oh man, 37 degrees - uggggg. I thought a couple weeks ago this weather was going to break, but no such luck. Just saw the 10 day forecast and it's not supposed to hit 40 degrees in the next 10 days, at least not in the Dayton area.

I guess we can be happy that at least the lakes aren't still froze over like they were a couple years ago.