close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st bulk order for bait went out.

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by papaperch, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Ordered 1000 waxies and 1000 maggots for upcoming ice season. Somehow I feel we are do a dynamite year on the ice. Meanwhile I will start using in open water until the hard stuff comes on.

2. where from and how much $$$??? might order rex and i a batch!!! ice will be here sooner than later!!!:D CANT WAIT!!!!:p

3. www.jadabait.net maggots were 12.50 per thousand and waxies were 22.00 per thousand. Total was 34.50 and the price was including shipping.

I order off them every year. Good people to deal with.

4. thanks papa!!! i'll get a batch!!!

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Papa,
    How do you keep them alive till you use them all? I threw out a pack a waxies yesterday. They have been in the fridge and lasted about 6 weeks.

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

papaperch feelin good about the ice!! :D im thinkin about when to pull the trigger. after the last few years im hesitating. jadabait.net has always treated me well.

7. Lewzer : I follow the instructions on Jada website. Once you are on the page click on " storage ". There you will find a lot of info on how to hold them long time.

8. hardwaterfan

i think they last longer from the "grower" compared to buying them from a store, eliminate the middlemen (delivery company, then sitting in the store's fridge) and that gives a few more weeks. i remember a few years ago i still had some beige fresh looking waxies for creek fishing in the spring.

9. hardwaterfan

i think removing the dead waxworms is the key.

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

and taking only what you need that day on the boat.

This was interesting also:

11. hardwaterfan

papaperch, could you post when you get your bait, i forget how long it takes and i want to make sure when i order mine i dont forget and leave them in the mailbox overnight.

12. Will do. My new # 3 chubby darters are on the way too so I am like a kid watching for Santas Sleigh cleverly disguised as an UPS truck.

13. Hardwater fan : bait got here today @ 1pm via us mail.

14. hardwaterfan

thanks for the info papaperch

15. my order went out today!!! thanks for the link!!!

16. ordered 500 wax & 500 maggots...they sent me 2 blue tubs of waxies and no maggots:( what is up with that??? sent them an email with no response!!! going to send another...should i wait for the maggots to come in another pack or what...20$ for a couple packs of waxies seems wrong to me...

17. Maggots should have been packed in a sealable baggie packed with sawdust.
    A friend of mine almost threw them away. His first order with them he pulled the two tubs of waxies out and called me about it. His maggots were in his kitchen trash bin along with the refuse. Thank god they were still in bag. Every order I have seen from them the maggots came with the waxworms. Same box but different containers. Waxies in plastic tubs and maggots in the resealable plastic bags.

Company is good company if they shorted you they should make it up to you.

18. deffinatly no baggies...just to tubs of waxies...

19. talked to them on the phone...their mistake...will ship the rest today...customer service gets a thumbs up!!!!:) :)

20. 1977 walleye guy

1977 walleye guy Addicted Outdoorsman

awesome!!! gotta love good customer service!! My order is gonna be placed soon, thanks for the link btw Pappaperch.