close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st Bass of 2009!!! Picture

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingredhawk, Jan 1, 2009.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Marshall and I went out today in hopes of starting 2009 off right. And we did!

It was very cold and windy, with ice forming on the reel and rod just about every cast. We had to bust through 30 yards of ice with the oar to get to open water. We put 4 fish in the boat in 3 hours of fishing. The first 3 were small, but right before we left I caught this beautiful fish. Great color. The picture doesn't do it justice, but I SOMEHOW FORGOT MY CAMERA, and Marshall had to snap one with his cell phone. We wished we could have stayed longer, but Marshall had to get to work. All fish were caught in approx. 20 feet of water.

Great start to the New Year!

Attached Files:

2. Congrats on the success man!Im quite sure that you are the winner of the first largemouth of the year award! Outstanding.Gotta be the ole jig-n-pig right?If ya ever need a partner,Im down with trading you a trip up here on the big lake for some mixed bag Erie bass action this spring.Nice job.

3. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Nice to see someone got out and put their first fish of the year under their belt. I was going to go saugeye fishing but got lazy and decided to watch football. At least I got new line on my reels and got them cleaned up and ready. Congrats on the fish!!

4. nice fish mike. bill dance aint got nothin on you. :p you oughta just start your own tv show.:p

5. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

nice fish and congrats. I looking to get one soon. Thinking sunday.

6. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Ok , Marshal is not allowed to go anymore! I see that that fish is larger than the ones the other day. LOL Great job bro!

7. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

The streak continues as me being mikes camera man. I had a small one on but lost it. It was fun being out.

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you da man,mike.that is a nice fish,and beautiful for a winter bass.

9. Man nothing like starting the year off right! Nice fish, what area were you in?

Ryan

10. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

You give a whole new meaning to the word "diehard"

Nice bass!

11. nice job guys. was out last night and know what you mean about freezing up every cast. It was brutal. Nice fish.

12. Nice Bass guys way to start out the 2009 season !!
    While you guys was fishing with the jig and pig I was in the house making some new jigs for myself and some friends of mine this upcomming season.

13. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Good job on the ice breaker, literally and figuratively. I'm counting down the days till spring.

14. fishingredhawk

Surprisingly, we didn't catch a single fish on a jig. All were taken on another traditional cold-water bait.

15. it was the topwater frog wasn't it? :p

16. fishingredhawk

Close...It was a 24" topwater snake, fished over 25 feet of open water.

17. with that cold front that came, if you would of down sized to the 14" finesse snake you might of caught a few more. :p

18. Hmmmmmmmmm.... Maybe Marshall is on to something here..... I bet the camera had something to do with not getting that BIG one.... I'm sure you 2 will be right back out there too....LOL What color was that camera? I'll go get one this weekend...... Ooops.... I let the secret out didn't I?

Nice fish to start the year out Mike....

GarryS

19. how do u do it man ... ive been out every day that the water isnt frozen pretty much fishing a jig n pig or a dd22 and havent been able to catch a thing.. any tips?