close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1996 Spectrum on craigslist

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by timmyv, Apr 3, 2008.

1. timmyv

timmyv

0   0   0

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

0   0   0

it does sound good...i hate it when they say it has a rebuilt anything. i tend to wonder what the rig has been thru and the lack of maintenance on the other parts????i seen an older rig last week with a 2003 40 hp merc, and the guy brush painted the lower unit??? the top part of the motor looked as good as new?

3. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Happens more than you can imagine- the owner nevers checks the L/U oil before winter and then the boat sits outside. L/U freezes, busts the case and waaa-laaa, new L/U needed.

I'd avoid it because it's a Force. That's a boat anhor for certain.

UFM82

4. I have to disagree with this statement. I have owned a Force in the past and I know many others that own Force motors, depending on the year and who the producer was (Mercury or Chyrsler), Force engines can be extremely reliable. The # one selling boat company in America used them for 15 or so years. This one who knows if the owner did his due diligence in wintering, but these can be very dependable.

I owned a Johnson motor before and I was extremely unhappy with it, but I wouldn't talk negative about them. I currently run a newer 4-Stroke Mercury, and given the right condition and HP I would swap it for a Force any day of the week.