Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rookie cooler filler
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay!! Everyone seems to have some opinion about force outboard motors. From "stay away" to "they are fine if you care for them". I have an opportunity to buy a boat with one and have never had a force motor. I would like to hear from people who have actually owned one. What were the problems? How much maintenance? Could you find parts easily and how much were they? Any and all comments welcome!!

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I had a 85 HP Force on my 15' Bayliner Capri cuddy. Never had a mechanical issue with it. It did smoke a little bit and if the wind was from the stern and the top was up, if was annoying. My only complaint is that it was a gas hog!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Starting to get harder to find parts. As the years go by it'll get even worse. Originally were Chrysler, then U.S. marine, ended up owned be Mercury. I think Mercury used there electronics on them. Underneath is still a Chrysler that were troublesome! I MO, I would stay away, replacement of an 85hp now is pretty pricey and that's what you would be headed for. Just my 2cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts