Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for auction is a 1989 6 horsepower 2 stroke outboard. It is a short shaft. (15" transom motor).

2 stroke motors are hard to come by, are less costly to maintain, and generally put out more torque and hole-shot compared to same HP rated 4 stroke motors.

The motor was purchased new in the fall of 1989, and owned by one owner.
The motor was only used 2 weeks out of the year trolling in Canada.
The Certificate of Origin Comes with the motor (Original Title)

I am selling this for my father in-law whom worked 25+ years for Ohio Department of Natural Resources Fish & Wildlife division.
He asked for my assistance in selling his motor so he can upgrade to a larger motor.

I have had the opportunity to see and use a number of outboard motors. . .
with this motor being owned by someone that spent his entire career on water and maintaining the State owned boats and motors,
I doubt you will find one as meticulously maintained and in as good condition as this one.

Given that it was only used a couple of weeks per year, it has relatively low hours for its age.
It looks, starts, and runs like new. There is minimal scuffing from transport to and from Canada.

This is one of the nicest 6HP motors I have ever seen of this age! Don’t regret losing this one.

Fuel tank and hose comes with motor, unless being shipped. Only the motor can be shipped.

$675.00

NOT Johnson, Evinrude, Mercury, Yamaha, Honda outboard motor

Located in Westerville, OH
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I listed it on eBay. It didn't sell because I don't really didn't want to deal with shipping.

Yes, I got lazy an cut and paste from the eBay listing I wrote.

Good catch - but you should spend more time on the water and less time online :)

Motor is as described and still for sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts