close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1988 Trophy 17' Center Console F/S

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Fastlane, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

0   0   0

I just bought this boat a few months ago but due to cutbacks at work I lost my job and was put back on the sales floor. Bills are pilling up and I have no other choice but to try and sell my baby here to pay the piper. I have had it out on CC many times and the Ohio river a couple times. It is water tight and very stable even on the choppy water from the pleasure boaters at CC. It is an 88 Trophy series 17' with center console. The motor is an 88 Force 85hp which starts every time without fail. I also just purchased a used Minkota Autopilot foot controlled trolling motor but haven't installed it yet. There are 3 batteries with the boat, am/fm cassette radio, a new Eagle FF, 4 gunnel mount trolling rod holders and 2 swivel type rod holders (new), new dolphin hydrofoil, dock puch rod, and more too. I have about $2800 in it now and I know I am gonna take a loss on it this time of year but I have no choice. The trailer is a 2002 galvanized and it tows very very well. The batteries have an isolation switch to run either or both of the main batteries. There are built in rod holders on both sides of the boat. THere is a Bimini top for it too but I never got it installed right so I took it off completely. This would be an excellent Erie boat for those of you up North too. Make me an offer but be prepared to buy it if I agree to your price. See the pictures in my gallery at http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=268 PM me with any offer. I will also consider trade plus cash too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I hate to hear that. I think you had made mention of that at Eagle Creek- it's a shame.

Guys- you all may worry about the Bayliner name- they have a distinct reputation. However, I'll tell you that after having one for a couple years and after seeing this one in person, you shouldn't give a hoot what other people think. This boat is in very good shape- the gelcoat wil shine right up with a buff job, although it isn't overly dull right now. The inside is nice and roomy and works great for catfishing and the like. The layout is ideal for fishing and the style of boat it is lends itself to handling rougher water easily. You'll stay dry in this boat.

The Force is a Mercury- plain and simple. Don't worry about that either.

Are you asking $2800 or is that just what you have in it? I think that's a great deal for this ride- the trailer is worth $1500 alone. Whoever buys this will be getting a nice ride for a little money.

Good luck dude- hope you sell her quick. And good luck on the employment end- that's not fun.

UFM82

3. Fastlane

0   0   0

I have around $2800 in it. I know I am going to take a loss, especially in October. I would like to get around $2k for it but like I said, I will consider any offer. FYI the tags are good until 08. As said before, I am open to partial trades but need some cash to go with it unless it is something I could quickly sell.

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I thought Force outboards were made by Chrysler until '94, when they were purchased by Merc?

I had an '87 Force 85 hp on a Blue Fin. Had it for years without a single problem. Sold the boat to a buddy, which he still has. He rants and raves about the motor.

5. todddye

todddye Average Member

0   0   0

I might be interested in the boat, but would like to know where you are located?

Could you e-mail me your phone number so that I can call to speak with you?

Thanks,
    Todd Dye

6. Fastlane

0   0   0

Well, I have an honest offer. It is very close to a winning number. If anyone is interested this may be your last chance. FYI, to the person who made the offer, you know who you are and how much it was so in fairness, I will not post what it was. Like I told you on the phone, we are close.

7. Fastlane

0   0   0

Bump.... Still available. $1800???? The trailer alone is worth close to that.

8. Nice looking boat man, if my truck could pull it I'd be on my way right now!

9. Fastlane

0   0   0

It really isn't as heavy as it looks. I have pulled it with my daughter's 6 cyl Dakota.

10. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

0   0   0

What kind of speeds do you get light load and loaded?

11. Fastlane

0   0   0

Max speed I have seen in it was with 2 adults and gear was 31 @ full throttle, 26 at cruise. I think that a different pitch prop would help with another 3-5 mph. I have never took it out alone but I have had it out with the wife and 3 kids and it topped out at about 28 and cruised at around 23-24. It planes really well and stays level when trolling.

12. UFM82

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Are you guys nuts? You can't buy a POS aluminum Deep V for $1,800. Granted, it may not be the time of the year for many buyers but for the price Fastlane is offering it, how can you afford to NOT buy this boat now?

I'm half tempted to buy it myself, clean it up and sell it in the spring for $3,000.

This boat would be at home almost anywhere in Ohio and most any state around.

Good luck dude- it's a good ride.

UFM82

13. Fastlane

0   0   0

UFM82, if you did that I just may be the one who'd buy it back in the spring LOL. Thanks for the input. I too think that I have priced it very fairly even for the time of year. But I am running out of time so if it don't go in the next couple days to take care of what I need to I will probably end up keeping it. Once I pass my deadline if I don't have the money I need it won't matter if I sell it or not.

14. Fastlane

0   0   0

Boat just rolled out of my drive...... A moment of silence please.... Thanks Viper1. It was nice meeting you today. I hope it serves you very well.

15. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

0   0   0

you'll get another one doood..

16. UFM82

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

When you first bring it home and when it leaves. LOL Unfortunately you didn't even have it long enough to get attached to it. I've watched guys spend what they paid for the boat refurbishing older boats. Is it worth it? maybe to them as they'll never get their money back out of it.

I hope your financial issue works out. Next year you can look again for a boat and maybne you'll catch a deal like this one.

Good luck. I hope you did OK. Viper1 got a deal.

UFM82

17. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yep, just rolled in and its 10:30 and one mighty long drive. I think it will be fine,dont see any issues standing out at me. We'll get it on the water for a couple days of fishing and see what happens. Oh and thanks for the deal...just sorry you had to lose your boat. Say hi to every one and tell them it was nice meeting all of you. Its always nice to put a face with the name.