close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1988 F250 Xlt

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by bubbahunter, Sep 6, 2005.

1. bubbahunter

bubbahunter

0   0   0

I`m selling this for a friends dad,

1988 F250 xlt lariat
    4x4
    V-8 5.0
    35,000 orig miles(yes 35,000)
    2tone brn
    5 speed
    cruse/tilt
    daul tanks

this is a very nice clean truck.he only used it to pull farm wagons back and forth to the barns and the weekly trips to town.i believe he has all the maintance reciepts.i`ll have some pics. this weekend and will post them as soon as i can.
    he`s asking $4000.the truck is located about 15 min west of indian lake off state route 33.

personally if i didn`t already have 2 trucks i`d be on this like a duck on a june bug.don`t let this deal pass you by.

any questions just ask.

Bub

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

WOW Bub, thats once nice truck. 35K as in 3 x 10,000 + 5,000, not 135k? Who cares that it gets 5 miles per gallon. I personally like the old square bodies better than the new rounded F150/250 bodies.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

0   0   0

Bryan you need to buy that truck and make it your fishing truck.

4. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

if I had the money that would be gone.
    Bubba, call me about that truck. How soon does he need the money.

5. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

XLT, so it's got the back seat right?

6. bubbahunter

bubbahunter

0   0   0

no back seat.it`s just a standard cab.Bryan you need this truck. he only used it on the farm.he is one of those ol`farmers you get behind doing 35 in a 55 ,trust me this is a very nice truck.

PS.who the hell is "Bob"???????? lol

7. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

error typo! from me, go figure

well that shoots me from getting it. I MUST have something w/ a back seat for the babies.

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

0   0   0

Bryan, it is a truck, it has a bed for the babies!

9. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

Heart breaker: Noone other than my dad knows this: It's been a dream (realitic dream) of mine to get an 80's 4x4 F250 w/ low mileage. I could not stop thinking about this truck last night. I can't get it now becasue I must have a backseat for the two car seats, not to mention the wife & my six year old. I want to cry.

Rob, tell this guy to put the truck in the barn & I'll buy it next year for the same amount! Truth be told, if I had the money readily available I would have gotten this anyway. This sucks. My Grand Cherokee ('95) has 170K+ miles on it, my '99 Cherokee has 97K+ miles on it.

I am going to go cry now. I told my dad about it, he too was excited but he couldnt shift with the condition his feet are in, not to mention he doesnt have the $. GUNS Bubba GUNS. I have guns I'll give him!!!!!! :)

10. bubbahunter

bubbahunter

0   0   0

[​IMG]

in the pic it looks like the bed is a differant color from the cab.it not,it must have been the way the picture came out.
    I have a couple more pics if you want to see them pm me your addy and i`ll e-mail them out asap.

Bub

11. bubbahunter

bubbahunter

0   0   0

[​IMG]

i have all the pic loaded in my gallery if you want to see the rest.

12. Papascott

Papascott

0   0   0

Are the hubs for the 4x4 auto locking? Or are they manual locking under the hubcaps or is it 2x4? Thanks

Scott

13. bubbahunter

bubbahunter

0   0   0

Scott - i believe the 4wd is engaged by a switch on the dash. i`ll check to make sure and let you know.

14. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

they are locking by inside, I think the last year th ehub were outside locking was '86, but I may be wrong.

15. dip

dip dip

0   0   0

WRONG AS USUAL MELLONHEAD! i use a 2002 F-250 at work and it just happens to have outside locking hubbz.

16. Papascott

Papascott

0   0   0

Bubba the 4x4 should engage on the floor in that year. Let me know what you find out and if you have anymore pics. I need another plow truck for this winter.

Scott

17. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

Wow Dip. I didnt realize that. I had an '86 (F150) (miss that sucker too) & was told that was aroudn the time they stopped making the lockout 4x4 in the hubs. I'm glad you told me that. Now mine had an AM radio, can you say that same thing Dip? :)

18. Papascott

Papascott

0   0   0

Mellon I think you are correct for the 150 but this is a 250, differant axles and transfercase and such.

Scott

19. bubbahunter

bubbahunter

0   0   0

SORRY guys i was wrong.

i was told this truck was 4wd but once i looked at it is not.Didn`t mean to mislead anyone sorry about the confusion.

Bub

20. Papascott

Papascott

0   0   0

Thanks anyways bub. I thought the front end was a little low to be a 3/4 ton 4x4. If you find a 4 wheel drive in that price range let me know.

Scott