Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, need a little help please. No spark, thinking I need to replace switch box.
I thought the part # on my switch box said 332-5777a4.
Quick online search yields no match, but instead returns the following for 332-5772
https://www.amazon.com/Mercury-Outb...ocphy=9015760&hvtargid=pla-568626238789&psc=1

This LOOKS the same to me, but in description says it fits 50hp 1976-1985. Mine is an 86. What do you think? Is this the correct part or any help finding the correct part if this won’t work?
Thank you!!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
seems to cross reference right, says replaces 332-5777 a4 thru a7 .... merc during the 80s was doin alot of revisions on c d boxes , stators, volt reg s.. shoot my 86 90 hp merc was the 6th and last version of the tower of power, no distributor . i have 2 cd boxes because its a 6 cyl.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
What is your engine serial # ? That's ALWAYS the best/first piece of information I try to obtain when looking for older Mercury outboard parts. Also, since so many part #'s have been superseded multiple times I like to start with the original P/N prior to cross referencing to the newest numbers. Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.