Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 76 105 chrysler that has been converted over to a force. But like if i idel to long going down rocky river so i dont make a wake, or try slow trolling with it, the heat alarm goes off until i speed it up alittle. I have a new water pump kit and everything else new down there so i know the pump works.. Some people have told me that was normal of that engine. That it liked to get up and go!!! The headgasket is new, head block has been re-bored(how ever u spell it) New plugs and wires, carbs been cleaned and tuned. So does any one have a thought.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,044 Posts
thermostat? plugged inlet? plugged hoses???whats the pee tail look like? you know the stream of water that has came thru the motor and already cooled it, squirting out of the back. if you got a new impeller and it was installed correctly that pee tail should be a very strong stream. keep checking the cooling system. its gotta be there.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Does this engine have points type ignition, if so are they adjusted correctly? that can effect timing which can cause engines to run hot but usally under load. Any problems starting?

·
Registered
58 Posts
look at the thermostat I had a motor do the same thing. got hot trolling but ran fine wot. I took the thermostat out and there was a bunch of sand and little rocks in there blocking the passage way.

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I changed the thermostat and still overheats in low idel...... Going to try changing to lower plugs.. as to starting turns over on the second crank!!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
There's a thought, maybe try and read actual temp to verify it actually is overheating, hook a temp gauge to it or even try an infered temp reader, good idea.

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well took it out yesterday and the motor just died, took off the head and 1/4 pisons was burnt like a hotdog in a forest fire.. thinking that i have a cracked ring.... My step brother is coming over today to look at it!!!!

·
TeamOGF
7,004 Posts
Man Bob! I'm sorry to hear about this new development.
I hope its minor.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,044 Posts
well took it out yesterday and the motor just died, took off the head and 1/4 pisons was burnt like a hotdog in a forest fire.. thinking that i have a cracked ring.... My step brother is coming over today to look at it!!!!
damn dude... it's got to get better.:C your not having very good luck with watercraft this season:C keep us posted.

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well did a comp. check on all 4 . the burnt one had 90 lbs so i hadded oil to it and the comp. shot up to 100 lbs so its looking good for the crack ring!!!!!!!! oooohhhhhh boy is this going to be fun!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts