close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1973 Cadillac El Dorado

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by DaleM, Apr 25, 2008.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

2. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

0   0   0

Aw man, if only it were a ragtop.
    (Always wanted one of those beasts!)

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

0   0   0

He has several cool cars. He said he wanted to cut down on a few. All of his cars are first class cars. He treats them all like baby's.

4. Snobal

Snobal

0   0   0

A 1973 Cadillac that is "front wheel drive"... Is that correct or does he have a mistake in his ad? Just a possible heads up for him....

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

no mistake.the eldorados did have front wheel drive back then.not sure,but i think it was the only american car besides the olds toranado that did.

6. Searay

Searay

0   0   0

I think the first year model (mid to late 50's) was rear wheel since then all eldos front wheel.
    That beast has to weigh close to 5500lbs....

7. fishinjim

fishinjim

0   0   0

man, that is one comfortable ride! I owned a '67 Mercury Parklane with a 410ci (390 base HP) that weighed 4000lbs. It was the most comfortable car I have owned. Like a sofa on wheels.

You really don't appreciate the ride until you drive 300 miles or so nonstop.

8. Snobal

Snobal

0   0   0

Learn something new everyday... I'm not that familiar with the older cars (older then me anyway) and it just didn't sound right to me. Thanks for the info Misfit!!

9. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

0   0   0

Just wonder what the mpg is on that yacht... I had a '69 chrysler with a 440 wedge that got 12 mpg highway, and 7 around town - 500 detuned smog controled cubes under the hood has to have some serious thirst !!! - those late 60's early 70's cars rode like no other !!! 'Rude Dog

10. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

0   0   0

All I can say is that is one sweet ride. My buddy owned a 71 or 72 El Dorado Barittz and it was more than a couch on wheels, talk about a sweet ride. They are almost the same car, the Barittz just had more extras, if that's possible!!