close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1970 Switzer

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by LakeRaider, Apr 29, 2004.

1. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Too cool! A Switzer Shooting Star with 1250 MERC TOWER OF POWER. RAN 85 MPH. :cool: Raider<><>

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Finally.......they got the steering wheel right !!

3. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I heard one of those mota's run at a vintage boat meet in Minnesota. Thats a Hubble exhaust with sonic tuners. I,m talkin LOUD! The same day I got to see a Switzer Wing run with triple Merc 1250's on it. Switzers were always cool to see. :) Heres a pic of a wing with twin Merc stackers on it at 120 mph. Those boats actually flew!! I believe thats about 1961. Raider<><>

Attached Files:

4. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

that top one, the Switzer Shooting Star looks like my dads 2nd boat he owned. Although his boat was no-name brand hand made.... wood finish - except the nose cone bow was painted with flames. 65 Merc on the back and it flew.... now i gotta go dig up some of the pictures he has of it and post 'em on here.... :)

5. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Would love to see some pics of that boat. Glad to see other members interest in the vintage boats. Fishing OR race boats. Heres a Switzer Wing with triple Merc stackers. This boat was actually recently located in Fla and is undergoing a complete restoration now by a ScreamandFly member!. It was found abandoned in a field with some other old race boats.:) LakeRaider<><>

Attached Files: