close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1964 Evinrude 5.5

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCS, Jul 30, 2007.

1. JCS

JCS Member

I have a Evinrude 5.5 hp Fisherman in my basement. It belonged to my grandfather. It is almost like new. My guess is it never had a case of oil ran though it. Does anyone know what it might be worth? If I get a chance I I will post some ppics of it tomorrow.

2. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I show it at $150 in my book for an average (running) condition motor. The fisherman model 5402 shortshaft,5403 longshaft. Post a pic or two. I,d say to a collector it would bring $350+ if its exceptional. No dents,scratchs etc. Parts are still available. Excellant reliable motors.
    Raider

3. Got any pictures? I'd be interested in it!

4. JCS

JCS Member

Here are some pics. It does need a good cleaning. It has been stored in the basement for years.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

looks like the same condition of my 1958 johnson..i still use it on my boat its more reliable than some of the newer ones

6. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Thats a collector! You can,t get a better unrestored mota. Someboby needs to grab that one fast. Raider

7. Today is my birthday and I know the perfect gift you could give me!!!! haha

On a serious note. Do you plan to sell it? I have a 64 T&T with a 65 Merc 100hp on it and have been wanting a small motor for it to putt around at the smaller lakes.

8. JCS

JCS Member

Happy Birthday Nick, sorry but I can't let it go that cheap :) I will run it past my Dad to see if he seriously want to part with it. PM me an offer and I will let him know.

9. Understandable! :D

Give me a couple days to do some looking and I'll shoot you a PM.

10. JCS

JCS Member

It is for sale in the marketplace forum.