close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1958 Lyman 16 1/2

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Alwsfishin, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

0   0   0

I'm selling this Lyman....The hull was refinished last fall I put 500.00 in materials...it was stripped down to the wood....all 600 plus screws that attach the planking to the ribs were snugged down...only 12 had to be replaced....absolutely no dry rot on the lapstrakes (planking)...none on the transom or any of the ribs and other structural members....for a '58 this is remarkable....the bare wood was sealed and every seam (overlap) has a bead of 3M 5200 caulked and struck smooth about 1/8" wide. This product adheres to wood like no other..this totally sealed the boat and made it a totally dry wood boat ...which is rare, and prevents dry rot from the interior by always staying dry. I used a very high quality marine primer and paint, spray application. The only work it needs is new decking (1/4" mahogany plywood) which consist of the bow a 3" strip along the sides and the aft deck....this is the easiest repair to do on these boats, and some work on the windsheild...which comes apart in 4 pieces that can be used as a pattern, the same as the decking.
    It has a bench seat in front and "rear" there is a rear deck surrounding the self-bailing well around the motor. Its has a canvas sun cover that snaps to the top of the windsheild and gives you about 6 feet of cover from rain and sun , with a aluminum frame like bimini bows that will fold down on the dash in behind the windsheild when not in use, or can easily be removed with 2 wing nuts and the snaps.
    Its a push button start,kill switch, electric bilge pump, running lights original as well as the horn, original speedometer & windup clock in dash.She's just like she came off the line in '58. Usually these boats are stripped and modified due to misuse and deterioration. It has a 1955 25 hp Johnson that will push her into the mid 20's and gets her up on plane quick.
    This boat is in use now and ready to fish or cruise....the work needed will triple her value and turn heads which it already does.
    If I seem long winded on the add it because the passion I have for these old woodies....they are truly a work of art with that V bow that gives it the smooth ride. I have a large family so I'm upgrading to a larger boat ...to hawl the whole gang. The asking price is $1958.00....and if the cosmetic work is done she'd being $6000.00. You'll rarely find a boat this structurally sound this age in wood.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=10

see gallery 2 pages...more available

2. Erie Addict

Erie Addict

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Beutifull boat. Where is it located and do you have a trailer that goes with it?

3. Alwsfishin

0   0   0

Hi Erie......Its in Berea...one mile from I 71 & I 80 interchange........yes its on a trailer....with carpet bunks & guide posts.

4. Alwsfishin

0   0   0

I'll change the motor to a 1962 Lark (OMC) 40 hp elec start the one in the pic......strong dependable runner....I took this boat to the fella I'm buying the 18 ftr from ...he's owned and restored Lymans for 25 yrs and owns 4 ....if he didn't buy a 16.5 last fall I would have been pulling the 18 ftr home tonite!! Since the 18 ftr is not selling with a motor he was ready to trade even up.....thanks for looking......

5. Alwsfishin

0   0   0

SOLD !!!.closed the deal on Mosquito 2 hours ago.