close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1948 Evinrude 4HP Shortshaft..Runs..Useable

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by 2talltim, Jul 24, 2004.

1. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

0   0   0

I have this 48 outboard that came on my boat...... believe it or not this runs good ...it may need some tweeking and cleaning but i have used this motor out on the water with no problems....Would be an asset to any collector or someone that just wants to get a motor on their row boat....like to get it out of the basement but would like to have $125.00..... its worth that much to keep it around to have in a pinch....but ill listen to any offer....Feel free to ask any questions

Attached Files:

2. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

0   0   0

3. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

0   0   0

bump....anyone in interested? nice old motor

4. I am interested, just trying to finagle the finances. Squeezing the budget this close to hunting season is a little scary. The wife may use this purchase to veto a hunting trip or day off work. EEEEK!
    Also what is parts availability like?
    Huntinbull

5. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

0   0   0

now that i know that i know someone is interested ill drag it out and put some gas in it and make sure she fires alright, (i didnt want to put gas in it if no one was interested) should run fine but its been siting for about a year and a half i just want to make sure

6. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

0   0   0

Were there is great news and very bad news...the motor runs awsome ...there was a small gas leak in the sight glass but i fixed it .....after being the basement for some time it took only 3 pulls to fire and only 5 pulls to keep it running not bad for a 56 year old motor, the inpeller pumps strong the motor idles all the way down w/o stopping....i ran it for about an hour strait at 2/3 throdle..it is truly a perfect motor with a aftermarket recoil handle...but the bad news is i cant sell it that cheap i would regret it for a long time, i cant live with regret :p ...but if any one is still interested i will sell just not for the 125...if in terested please contact me...sorry for those i make tee off i just didnt realize....

7. So what kind of price now ? Thanks..... Rich

8. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

0   0   0

I'd like to have more but im going to say $150 firm to be fair