close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

18th,19th,20th at AEP

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishJunky, May 20, 2007.

1. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Well it was a great weekend at AEP. Alot of big fish caught this weekend between 13guys out having some fun. Some good numbers where caught also. Some ponds better than others but when your with friends a bad pond is still great. I think the largest LM caught was 21 3/4inchs with the second largest being 21 1/8inchs. Alot of 14 to 16inchers and a few 17 and 18 inchers. I really think the bite should be even better in two or three weeks. The pond I fished, the bass where not on there beds yet but where a day or two from being there. We even had one guy who caught one of the fattest bullfrogs I've ever seen. You should of seen everyones face when he pulled that out at camp. Don't worry it was released in the lake below our camp. Here is a pic of the 18 1/2inch I caught on Sat. I also caught a 17 1/2inch on Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a great time to get reaquanted with old friends and do some fishing with them also. I just want to thank all the guys who made it down for the weekend. Thank you for a great weekend.

2. Sounds like a good weekend. Now you have to go through AEP withdrawl for the next few days.

3. FishJunky

Tell me about it. I am already planning my next trip down there June 8th weekend so I have something to look forward to.:D

4. TexasRigged

TexasRigged Lover of all things wet.

It was an awesome weekend. I couldn't believe that frog, the best thing was it was caught on a 5" senko! Crazy. My biggest bass was 16" but I think I had more fun with the 10" bluegill I caught. It was nice meeting you FishJunky.

5. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

We had a group down there last weekend too. As soon as I get my pictures out of the camera, I will post a few. Had a lot of exceptional luck with bluegills as we took a lot home for future fish fry's. We did get a 31/2 lb and 3.0 lber on Wednesday night, the only big fish on the week. But, as you said, the comraderie, food, games and beverage were all way above average. Did you see the blimp fly by?

6. FishJunky

Nice to meet you to Texas. I did see the Blimp. Pretty cool. I can't wait for the next trip in a few weeks.

7. Where is this place at again? I remember reading a thread about it last year sometime and it had a map of all the ponds and stuff, and it sounded great but I was never able to make it down.

If someone has that map though I would love to see it and hopefully me and my buddies can make a trip down there sometime!