close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

18" Smallie on GMR

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SConner, Jul 29, 2007.

1. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

2. hey sconner where u in a green kyak and did u she 2 guys fishing on the bank with 2 poles out for cats aand a tall guy throwing 2 twister tails on the same line

3. midoh39

midoh39 member

I know right where that spot is and it's only produced some nice fish for me{ mostly saugeye some smallies}. So you make me mad. jk

4. Nice, there were some nice fish caught today. I am heading out tommorrow. I am not to sure where though. Ronnie

5. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Bowhunter - Yes, the yaks are green. We did pass two separate groups that were out cat fishing, but it was tuff to see them in the dark. Did you catch anything this evening???

6. Nice catch Scott. I'm jealous. :)

Did the water look better than it did Saturday?

7. Real nice fish there - sounds like a pleasant evening on the water.

8. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Newbreed - water was a little better but still pretty murky. Don't be jealous until I get my first 20" SM!

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Amazing fish from the LMR, grats on the catch.

10. Muskie Hunter

Muskie Hunter All Species Trophy Hunter

Nice smallie SConner. Yea, I am still waiting on my first 20" smallie out of the GMR as well. Got a 20.5" out of a tributary of the Mad River back in 2002. Hopefully, we see some 20" plus fish this fall when the big ones bite.

I am heading out to the river now for some pike and smallie fishing. Will post if I land any good ones.

Good Fishing,
    John

11. 87VIP

87VIP Hawg Caller

Nice fish. Gotta love the rebel crawl. Did well on them same time last year in the LMR.

12. jmenchhofer

jmenchhofer 'eye addict

That's an absolutely beautiful smallie! I was equally impressed by the picture next to it in your gallery of the two respectably-sized smallies hooked on the same Rebel Craw! :B

13. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

Yeah, I wish my Rebel Craw would produce something like that around here!!

Yeah, the rare double is awesome! I about freaked when I did it!

[​IMG]

14. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Thanks for all the positive comments and for sharing some other pics (some real nice catches). Seems like everyone does pretty good with rebel craw in the rivers. I think they should sponsor us with all this positive press!

15. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

Sconner's fish was GMR folks....says so right in the thread title....not sure why so many responses congratulate your LMR catch...lol. Awesome fish though.....any smallie over 18" is a brute in my book.