close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

18.30 pound walleye

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishingislife, Jan 19, 2005.

1. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

HOLY ^&*% !!!! Thats what I call a hog. :eek:

2. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Hes a Priest in Canada, no kidding....Fr. Mariusz Zajac of Carrot River, SK................he was Praying when he caught the fish...............Ive seen another pic with him in his garage , wearing a ballcap, holding the fish up. The pic I saw claims the fish is a new Saskatchewan record walleye

3. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

4. I think the guy from W.V. needs to confess his sins to the priest from Canada. ;)

5. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

I think that W.V. fish has a belly full of lead....sinkers that is :D

6. That fish truly does look that big, unlike the WV fish.

7. That one would surely brighten up your day!!!

8. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

9. that is one massive pig:eek:...or he is one puny guy! :D

Length - 36.5"
    Girth - 22.5"

WOW!!

10. Dingo

Dingo

The picture in the "silvertipoutfitting" page really shows the fish's true size. In that picture, his arms are nearly against his body, providing a good indicator of length and girth. The original picture in this thread was a bit iffy due to the fact that his arms are straight out to the camera, which questions the true size of the fish (like the West Va. fish -- that guy must have small hands).

11. but could that thing be a zander rather than a walleye?

12. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

That was my first thought, A Zander, until I realized it was a Canadian fish, thus a Walleye..............Hey 18 is not that uncommon, they get many a Walleye over 17 pounds out in Washington state, The Washington state record is 18 lb 14.4 oz from the Columbia River Basin "Home of the Big River Walleyes"

13. That is not that big. I have caught a few that size myself. Oh wait, I forgot there was a "1" in front of that.:eek::D

I looked at a couple of pictures of the zander and this fish more resembles the walleye than the zander. Plus, the site that it came from seems like a legitimate Saskatchewan outfitter and thus there probably are no zander in the area to be caught.

14. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

yeah a Zander is what U catch if Urapeein' :D

15. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There's a big difference in lengths. :rolleyes:

16. ..I need to chat with you a lil bit we have a mutual friend, and I have moved into your neck of the woods. I just need some one to fish with, and just new to the area "Stan" has told me to get ahold of you!

Thanks in advance!

17. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

I don't know Mr.Fish...sounds like a set up, but he does have a cool brown trout for a signature :D :D :D

18. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Steelheader007.... When did you move man? What area are you in now because I think Mr Fish is in the Cinci or close the the Ohio since he's always there. If so Im not too far from you either and Im just right up the road from the Mad river. Havent caught any trout but I've caught a few nice smallies. :)