Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
respect our rivers please
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is a 17 Foot Bass Tracker Pro17

I have had this boat for a few years. I used to rent a home on Portage Lakes where I had a dock that I always had the boat at in the summer. Now that I have purchased my first home, of which isn’t on the water, and which the 17 foot boat won’t fit into my garage, it is time for me to part with it. I do have my jon boat that I plan on using at electric only lakes.

The Bass Tracker is currently being stored at my parent’s home. I won’t have time this year to use 2 boats, so one has to go and I picked the Tracker to find a new home.

Listed below are the details on the boat.

17’ Bass Tracker Pro 17.

MotorGuide Bow Mount Trolling Motor. I believe it is a 42Lb Thrust.

Eagle Fishmark 320 Bow Mount Fish Finder.

Brand new front deck installed. The old deck had soft spots, so I totally replaced the font deck.

Side Drivers console has a speedometer that works, as well as a Vexilar mounted in the dash that works. Other gauges are not hooked up. Such as Temp, RPM, etc…

Driver and Passenger Seats in very good condition

Front and Back seats for bow and stern also included with poles

Live well fills with a switch on the console, and drains by pulling the overflow tube to drain.

Motor is a 2 stroke Evinrude 40HP. It gets about 30-40MPH depending on how many people are in the boat.

Navigation Lights were wired in last year by TxTransplant for me.

Automatic Bilge Pump installed

Trailer has 2 new tires installed last year. Spare tire mounted to side of trailer

Power tilt on the motor

Bunk replaced on trailer due to it wore out. Now fixed

Front and rear fishing decks were totally re-carpeted with marine grade carpet last year.
There is storage both under the driver and passenger seats, as well as up under the front deck.

Transom Saver included.

Muffs for Motor are included.

I received with the purchase of the boat a complete lower unit for the Evinrude 40 HP. That will also be passed along to you.

I will check the title tonight to get the exact year of both the boat and motor. I can’t remember exactly but I believe 1987 for boat and 1988 for the motor.

I stored this boat in Portage Lakes all last year. I put in an automatic bilge because there must have been a small leak which is common in these older aluminum boats. For about every 4 hours of the boat being in the water, the bilge would kick on for about 10 seconds. I also had the automatic bilge because if it rained the bilge would kick on and take care of that extra water.

The power tilt switch stopped working last year when I pulled the boat from the lake for the season. I believe the switch corroded or something. I just hooked up the battery from the trolling motor to the wires for the power tilt temporarily and bypassed the switch, to put the motor up for transport. I have not fixed it, nor do I plan to prior to the sale of the boat. You can buy a weather proof switch and wire it in for pretty cheap I think.

The control box for throttle/choke operation at the console has 2 worn teeth on the gear on the inside of the unit. If I were to keep the boat myself, I would contact Bridges Marine in Cuyahoga Falls to replace either the worn gears or just replace the entire control box. It is still operational, as I used it like that way all last year, you just don’t want to mash the handle down when you accelerate.

The Evinrude Motor has not given me any issues ever. It starts up about as fast as I could twist the key.

I fogged the motor prior to storage. I did not replace the lower unit oil. I would recommend that be done prior to this seasons use. I typically do it yearly on my boats. Pretty easy to do.

The pics that are listed below show red tree buds in the boat. I pulled the cover on the boat the night before to air it out. I didn’t realize it was going to rain, hence tree buds. I will be vacuuming out the entire boat prior to the sale.

Life Jackets, rope, air horn, etc… and anything stored in the boat will go with it during the sale.

Please PM me for any info that I have either forgotten or you wish to inquire about. I have listed everything that I can think of at the moment both the good, and the things that I believe should be replaced if I were to use it again this year.

I have the title in hand at this time.

$2500 come and get it!!!

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
I know someone who may be interrested. Sounds like a great price. I've seen the motors alone go for that!

·
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I priced it to sell, as I don't care to split hairs per say. And yes they have gone for more on Ebay than I am asking. The fully functional lower unit that goes along with the sale is also a plus. One could sell the lower unit or keep it in case you were to hit a stump or something and needed the parts or just replace the lower unit with the extra one.

flash------------------out

·
Scourge of Hoover
1,869 Posts
That boat is a steal at that price! I just got rid of my 17 TX and moved up to something a little larger. They are definately great boats.

·
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't yet gone to marriage heaven....that day is August 4th!!!! Then I will be a married man!!!

EMS School had taken a toll on me, all I ever did was study. I was lurking around, but I had nothing to say as I hadn't been fishing while in class.

The pike and bass were calling your name last week at the spot we went to at the hoga. :)

flash------------------------------out

·
More Horsepower Raider!!
1,263 Posts
Sounds like you did a lot of stuff to it over the last couple years. :) Still lookin good! That 40 HP on there is a great setup on that boat. When I got the boat it was pretty ragged out and I had put it togeather with Lakeraider on the motor etc. KSU sounds like he added a lot to it after it was passed along. If thats the same lower that I passed along it came from another member I bought off the site. The boat was 1987 and if memory serves me correctly the motor was 1984 but it had 144 compression at the time KSU bought it. :)

·
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, and I thought Zfish died!!!! haha...

Yep, I got it from Zfish. And yep the lower unit is the same one you gave me.

Like I said, I forgot the exact year of the boat and motor...didn't really matter to me, she ran like a champ, so if the paperwork said 1970 or 2007 I didn't care....haha...

Thanks for speaking up for the boat Zfish....

flash------------------------------out

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Pm sent to you (for another OGF mbr)

·
More Horsepower Raider!!
1,263 Posts
LOL... I'm not dead. I'm still around just working a lot at my job and havent been fishing much. Thats one of the most fun boats that I've owned to be honest and I've owned quite a few :D I'm 1/2 tempted to buy it back. Your right she did run like a champ. I searched high and low for a good motor and thats the one I came up with. I remember Raider chewin me out because it wasnt a Merc but I never had an single issue with it and it just seemed to fit the boat well.

Mellon... That boat was on the GMR a lot and also the lake there in Beavercreek ... Eastwood Those were some good times!!

Flash.. We never did go ice fishing last couple years. We'll have to go that one of these days or hit a lake somewhere. Thats a great price guys and it won't last an it's a really fun boat to drive. For a 40 hp it gets up there quick on plane and that aftermarket CNC unit I think helped a lot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have this same exact boat except I've got a 50 Merc on mine - bought it earlier this year and paid well more than KSU is asking. An absolute great setup. If no one jumps on it soon, I'll be tempted to buy it and resell it to make a dime. I know of a few guys I could sell it to in a heartbeat. I got no connection with KSU, just giving a prop to a great boat at a great price.

Someone jump on this soon so I can get it out of my head.

·
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was asked to post more photos if possible. So I took 17 more. Hope these ones are a bit larger to see the boat. I posted them on my Putfile account. You can click on them to get a larger view of the photos as well.

flash----------------------------------out

·
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I noticed in the pics that on the console, there was a radio in the boat. It is a JBL Detachable Face Marine grade radio. I don't have it hooked up, and I don't know the status of the radio, but I do have the head unit for it that I brought inside for the winter. It will be included with the boat as well.

Also installed as of last year are 2 new speakers for the radio. You can see 1 of the speaker in one of the shots.

flash-----------------------------------out

1 - 20 of 25 Posts