close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

15 hp chrysler recoil starter parts...

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by 'Rude Dog, Jun 28, 2004.

1. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

recently acquired a 14 ft smokercraft alum boat, equipped with a 15 hp early eighties vintage chrysler ( actually a seaking) short shaft outboard motor on it- the previous owner gave me "most " of the broken reciol starter assembly for the motor - I was wondering if anyone knows of a fairly local ( canton, new philadelphia area) source for parts, or a parts diagram so that I know what parts are missing, and a vague idea on how it goes back together) the motor runs great, but it is a pain to wrap the rope around the flywheel and take the cover on and off - I would like to find a complete used assembly, so that I can start to accumulate some spares for this motor- ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !!! 'Rude Dog.

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Pat's Boats in Springfield used to be a Chrysler dealer and can still get a ton of parts. I used to have this same motor until a 16 year old girl ran into the back of my boat and totaled it. I sold the motor for parts for only $20. two years ago. www.patsboats.com hooked me up many times.