close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

143 million Americans affected

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hardwaterfan, Sep 9, 2017.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I knew this day would come....nothing is private in this new "online" world we've created.....they take all your info, data....and they get hacked....there's gonna be some big changes coming soon.....I hope....

Thanks for nothin Equifax .....jerks....take my info without my consent....get hacked....me and 142 million, 999 thousand, 999 others......

Daveo76 likes this.
  2. hardwaterfan

If some of you don't know, pretty much every bill payer in this country got hacked. ...back in july, and they are just now admitting it....

3. snag

snag

Also a couple of higher ups sold a bunch of stocks prior to the news realese of the hack and said they didn't know of that happening. Sure!!!

4. I'm not going to loose any sleep over it....life will go on.

5. Names,social security numbers,list of all your residences in the past,phone number,drivers liscense # was among that info stolen.

The site was pretty much crashed yesterday but did find the link today for the #'s that were affected and luckily it said no for my family.

Click on the potential impact tab,enter last name,and last 6 digits of ss # from a secure pc. Do not go for the free 1 yr of secure.You sign up and automatically gave up your rights for compensation for the rest of your life.

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/

BTW, they also hosted some politicians in that same building yesterday and discussed creating legislation that would bar people from suing these credit companies from mishandling their private info on the web.

Clark Howard has a good video out there bashing equifax.They neglected security to up their proffits. First thing to do and what I did,go to creditkarma dot com for free to keep track of your credit.Very easy and free!!! If affected, place a credit freeze on it so nobody can try to apply for a creditcard or loan in your name.It'll use a pin #. Lots of vids explaining credit freezes on utube.

6. hardwaterfan

It said YES for me....

Like I don't have enough to worry about as it is....

7. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman On the back 9 and loving it!

Heard about this on the radio yesterday. Unbelievable! Some people need to be stood up against a wall!

And saugmon, thanks for posting that link!

T-180 likes this.
  8. JamesF

JamesF

These credit reporting agencies do more than just collect your information, they also sell it! They claim that they don't, but I know for a fact that they do. If you are an employer you can buy into their share list, for background information. This is something they don't actually advertise. If most people don't already know that this is a scam and a scare tactic to get you to panic and sign up for what they are offering, just to make billions more than they already make . I'm going to let it run it's course, because in reality, there isn't much to be done! There will be a rider placed on the disclaimer. Some people should go to prison for this! ?

9. Now this is the kind of sites that freak me out...so you enter your last name and the last 6#'s of your SSN. The you send it off to???? I mean how hard would it be to figure out your 1st three numbers?

Snakecharmer and 1BigIcehole like this.
  10. JamesF

JamesF

Who do trust anymore? And why should we believe them? These are the ones that have just about total control over our private information, I don't understand why this has to be.Big brother is doing more than just watching you! I can understand using professional consultation, but I guess that we are too stupid for our own good! And I have actually heard that same saying many times, just so condescending:mad:.

11. buckeyebowman

One in a thousand. Which is much better odds than hitting the lottery!

crappiedude and JamesF like this.
  12. JamesF

JamesF

I'm feeling(un) lucky now:mad:. The stakes are in my favor:(.

13. russelld

russelld russelld

If someone invents it someone can hack it they think they are smarter than the hackers but the hackers just keep at it and at it they just do it to prove they can then someone has to make money so there no stoping it

14. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

That site (while legit) is a complete joke. More or less just a stall tactic / sham in order falsely build confidence.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/equifax-breach-response-turns-dumpster-fire/

15. I hate every form you fill out ask for SSN
    ....right on the card it states " Not for Identification"
    ...too late now !

16. About 15 years ago, just a few months after I started my business I received a phone call from a debt collector who was attempting to get money owed in the amount of almost $7,000 for AT&T. I said to him you must have the wrong person and then he rattled off my SS number and I knew there was a problem. Someone had acquired and used my SS number to purchase 3 cell phones out of the Columbus area, ran up that amount in overseas charges to an Arabic country in less than 60 days before AT&T cut them off and was seeking payment. I had to call the local authorities and then the FBI to assist in finding the perpetrators who did this to me and it turned out that someone in the loan institution that we used for refinancing our house, sold my SS number to this P.O.S. Both did time in the state penitentiary but it in my opinion it was not long enough for the hell they put me through. It took me three years of continuous effort to get this expunged from my credit history which thankfully my last contact with AT&T just happened to be the most sympathetic person who also had been a victim of identity theft.

Lewis likes this.
  17. buckeyebowman

Yeah! If I could print small enough I'd put, "If it's not for ID, then you don't need it!"

18. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I was a victim of identity theft several years ago. Someone in another state was filing rapid refund tax returns using my info. Spent weeks on the phone with the IRS, FBI and the FTC. Now each year I cannot file taxes until the IRS send me a special pin number. They need to enforce harsh sentences on these scumbags!

19. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Do what Saugmon said...credit freeze.